I Think I Need a "Time Out"

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I've been struggling with too much koi for way too long...

but the events of the last couple of days have absolutely taken the cake!

And because I am a person who likes to find solutions to problems, I've been spinning my brain trying to figure out how best to "solve" all of this nonsense .. . and my poor brain is about ready to explode!

:twister2:

But maybe instead of trying to "solve" everything...I need to admit that I have been overwhelmed and frustrated to the max and that Mom simply does not have any more to give at this point.

So maybe they can take their appointments, and meetings, and emails and telephone conferences, parent-child workshops, and Family Game Night and SHOVE IT for a while?

Mom is about to have a MELTDOWN !!!

So like anybody else - she gets to have a "Time Out"....by HERSELF....with NO TELEPHONE...and NO COMPUTER....and DEFINITELY NO GET-TOGETHERS until she is DARN GOOD AND READY TO COME OUT OF THAT CORNER!!!!

Screw 'em all!!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:

Hey, take the computer. Just ignore anything you don't want to look at, like emails. Play some ditsy online game. But... Don't let ANYONE else have it!!!!!

I do understand.

InsaneCdn

I know THAT feeling!

And yes. Find SOME way to get your "time-out"... as in, a sizeable chunk of ME time.
If YOUR battery is drained, you're just not gonna be in shape to be putting out a positive charge for anybody else.

{{hugs}}

buddy

I just called and made an appointment for a haircut. I haven't paid for one for myself for two years. Just lowest on the totem pole.

I go at 11! What are YOU going to do??? I mean it, you always tell me this so now it is your turn, smile!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I just called and made an appointment for a haircut. I haven't paid for one for myself for two years. Just lowest on the totem pole.

I go at 11! What are YOU going to do??? I mean it, you always tell me this so now it is your turn, smile!

I'm gonna do NOTHING!!!! Absolutely nothing!

and I'm hoping that it's everything that I dream it will be...

InsaneCdn

I could stand about 3 days in a private hotel room with good room service so I don't ever have to leave... and I'd sleep for most of it.

KTMom91

My pedicure, complete with foot and leg massage, is scheduled for tomorrow. Bright red toes for Christmas!

Good for you, Buddy! Enjoy the haircut!

susiestar

Roll With It
Sweetie, please please PLEASE take that time for yourself. Ignore Christmas and those expectations and get that time alone even if you must return ALL the gifts to pay for a hotel for yourself for a few days. I know it may feel selfish, but not taking that time is the selfish thing.

I NEVER took time for myself, handled ALL the crisis with Wiz, with Jess, with thank you, even with husband and after several major crisis that ate about three-four years my body just refused to do anymore anything. It has take four YEARS to get to where I can go do something for an hour or two without having a solid week of off the charts pain that the HUGE amt of pain medications (more than you could imagine and more than many addicts get to treat their addiction) barely touches. For two YEARS I couldn't even sit and eat dinner with the family because my body hurt so badly. I still can't do very much at all and it is NOT the way you want to live. It adds a HUGE burden to my husband esp. He now copes with stuff he thought he couldn't. I never made him and just did it all. You can't do it all. It will destroy your body. My mother thinks it is all anxiety and depression keeping me from coping and those do play a role, but mostly the docs say it was the overload of stress for all those years that literally broke my body. Now I am getting shorter at an astounding rate due to all my bones demineralizing, my teeth can't be filled or even cleaned by the doctor because they are doing what my bones are doing - crumbling. I have to be VERY VERY careful because they are not sure my bones will heal if they break, and if they do heal it will take a LONG time and be super painful.

DO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take the time, the kids will survive and so will husband. Go somewhere, get AWAY and do what you have to. Better to take a few days or a week than to have your body literally remove you from your family and the world for a much much longer period of time.

Go and get a motel room, let husband handle thigns however he wants to for a while. This isn't selfish, it is NECESSARY for the health and welfare fo your family.

buddy

YIPEE, a day of nothing... and may I say... I feel pretty. I got a haircut from the guy I really wanted to cut my hair and he was so nice. He used to work in group homes and he has cut Q's hair so he knows about his struggles (he remembered summer one time Q was struggling being appropriate with me and even remembered the words I used!). Ok, I 'm not exactly the cute 25 year old I used to be but for someone getting close to 50 I feel ok. lost some weight and my hair is not full of split ends and he had NO CLUE how old I was... really guessed 12 years off! yipee.