daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
Hi!
So sorry for what you are going through! Here's a twist that you should be aware of. If the school is unable to handle your difficult child they HAVE to pay for residential treatment or day school in an appropriate placement. There are lawyers that specialize in this area. The schools will always fight you on this as it means it will be taking their funding away. The medications are an important factor, but so is the school he is in. This is the law, if they are unable to provide the proper services or placement they MUST pay for him to be in an alternaive placemement. They are also required to pay for testing. It would be worth checking out. I wish you all the luck in the world. It is not easy for us to go through this everyday - keep strong and know we are all behind you 100%!!!!!
(((hugs)))
-Dara

Jena

Hi,

I'm new here and saw your post and can't imagine what you are going through right now. I get stressed at alot less. From reading what you wrote it sounds as though you are in crisis mode and an immediate intervention is needed?

I know this is going to sound far fetched but sounds to me like you guys need a moment to breath and re evaluate the situation which can sometimes be very hard to do when you are constantly dealing with children's behaviors such as this.

I also know insurance :censored2: after a while as well. Mine won't cover an evaluation for my daughter at this point and they want 10K for it.

my pediatrician pysch suggested to me that if there is a crisis situation just to contain the situation temporarily and give you a moment to breath, contain him and calm him to go to an er and have him admitted to the pysch unit. according to my doctor they the doctor that is can release within 3 dys. they will problem medicate him just to subdue him, not find answer's but give the both of you a few minutes to breath and think. he'll be safe and contained. like i said i know it sounds extreme but although looking for addtl funds is a great idea these things take time, phone calls effort. sounds like you need an immediate band aid right now.

just a though, pls. don't be upset at the level of extremity. i just remember my doctor saying that to me once. not sure if you've tried that and didn't want to go through all the posts my little one's acting up today so i jumped in quick.

lots of luck to you
i still believe everything happens for a reason, maybe there is a reason things are getting so extreme right now. it's sort of like my therapist told me if you are on a plane and there is an emergency and the oxygen masks drops take oxygen first yourself than put it on your child.

jen :smile: try to stay positive

sameold sameold

Hi
You are definately going thru a rough time, does your state have any type of insurance such as the Katie Becket waiver? We were also over income when difficult child was at home and he was covered under our insurance plus Katie Becket as secondary insurance, this is insurance for kids who would not be able to be living at home without all the supports in place.
My difficult child got really bad during the pre teen years. We had to go thru several different medication concoctions. When they are going thru puberty it is so so bad.
I would get very angry and think difficult child was being manipulative and then they would do a medication change and wow, he would be caring and stable again, even if it was just for several weeks, then we would be on the roller coaster yet again. Puberty is a hard time and it comes with alot of ups and downs, good luck to you.