i think i wanna get difficult child a puppy

Jena

i also found a place in which i told them i have to take this dog with the understanding if it doesnt' mesh in my household it will need to be returned, explained situation a bit to them. so they agreed. i'm not totally sold yet on this dog thing. gotta process a bit more on it. it could be a nightmare i know that. if current dog looses it and i have to return puppy that's anxiety for difficult child. yet if it works and we can put that puppy in her room in a little bed, and she can havea friend that's also great.

and i wanted an older dog, saw one yesterday a mix name is annie beautiful sweet dog. yet i think a puppy would be less threatening to our big boy.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Forgive me for not reading the responses yet...there's a bunch!

I understand what you're trying to do, but I'd be hesitant. I love my animals. Love love love them. And I knew taking on Wee's dog would largely fall on me to care for. Yeah, he puts food and water in its dish, but that's not the bulk of caring for a dog. And his dog is a mini-me of him. So I didn't go into it expecting something that didn't happen.

But at best, Wee plays with his dog for spurts multiple times thru the day. And I'd consider him the exception instead of the rule...as to once the new wore off, that he even still wants to be around.

But when he wants to color, and the dog wants to play ball, he gets frustrated. Then if he chooses to color instead, he feels bad for not playing with the dog. Its really a mix of whether the dog takes away more frustrations than it adds.

Don't get me wrong, he loves the dog. But is the dog an effective therapy tool? Not really. And its going to add to YOUR plate, which is already overloaded.

And your difficult child has had problems for a long time...I'd just be leery.

H

HaoZi

Jena, if y'all really like Annie, you might want to see if Annie can be brought over to visit to give you a gauge on how well your Marley would take to her presence in your home (as opposed to meeting in neutral territory where he might act friendlier).

Jena

yay got swallowing test monday and got refeeding therapist emergency appointment. for monday also!!! could this actually be working for me suddenly??

Jena

pyscho me took difficult child and shake in hand today to the local shelter. they were closing so we went in for five minutes. difficult child just loved being outdoors.

anyway and there she was, this little 3 1/2 mos. old dog, yup even looked exactly like a marley dog the color and all. she was scared, just sitting in the corner all afraid and shivering. difficult child reached her hand in and she just licked it repeatedly. she was just brought in yesterday off the streets someone dumped her i think on a highway. she's probably typical puppy and chewing away on everything i imagine. i didnt' want grown because that would defeat what i'm trying to do with-difficult child, i didn't want super tiny because um my dog would step on it and that would be that. maybe this age would work. plus i know them at shelter and they'd take her back if we have to head out of state or if its' a disaster.

they couldnt' take her out today because they were closing. i told difficult child that if tmrw she is able to complete am. hot chocolate a recipe hospital gave me than we can go and have them take her out.

yes i know im insane, yet they do say that admitting it is half the battle :)

H

HaoZi

Keep us updated, I hope it works out even better than you're thinking it will.