I think my doggie is senile

donna723

I give mine a good big breakfast and put it in their crates ... they're so busy eating that they don't even care that I'm leaving. Then in the evenings, I just keep plenty of dry food in their big bowl in the kitchen and they can eat a little whenever they decide that they're hungry. Just like Star said, they don't always get hungry at the same time every day, just like people. And they're all different. When Katy comes in from her last potty trip before she goes in to her crate for the night, the first thing she does is to run in to the kitchen and eat a few mouthfuls of food and have a drink. Not that the chubby little thing needs more food, but she just likes to have that extra midnight snack to tide her over. They all have their own little preferences.

Have you tried just leaving dry food in a bowl that she can eat whenever she's hungry?

Lothlorien

I can't leave food in her bowl, she eats it all at once. This is a dog that will eat until she explodes. Once, she tipped over a garbage can after a bbq and ate burgers, hot dogs, buns, chips, coleslaw, watermelon....you name it. She was sick for a week. The only reason she stopped eating was because my neighbor called and told me that she was in the garbage. Had she eaten anymore, she probably would have killed herself.

I looked for the Kong at Walmart, today. They didn't have it. I'll look next time I go to the grocery store. We used to have one, but I don't know what happened to it.

donna723

Loth, you'll probably have to look in a good pet supply store for a Kong, or in one of the places like Petsmart. I've never seen them in Wal Mart.

mom_in_training

Lol!!! My cat is now 15 and her new thing these days is that she is most happy having her bowl toppled over with food at all times... Otherwise she follows me around meowing and she still has food in her bowl. I seriously think shes going bonkers. Lol!!!