I think there is a black cloud over our heads, following us where ever we go

muttmeister

Usually I am a pretty upbeat person but this year has been the pits. We've had big tragedies and small ones but very little good news.
The vulture of unhappiness just pooped on us again. Since difficult child 2's wife left with the kids, he has been happily playing the field. One girl he has seen a lot is somebody he grew up with. I've known her since she was little. She was definitely a major difficult child and has not had a good life. Three kids by age 22 or less, 2 husbands, one of whom beat her, financial problems, drug problems, etc. but she was a cute girl and had a way about her that made you like her in spite of everything else. difficult child called me tonight to tell me she was alone in a borrowed van, rolled it, and was killed. They were not exactly an "item" but I could tell he's very upset.
It seems like I"ve gone years without knowing anybody even being in a car accident and this year this is the 4th one who was killed. I really don't know how much more bad news we can take around here.

katya02

Solace
I'm so sorry. Some years, it seems the trouble all comes at once. So sorry for your loos, and for your difficult child.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((hugs)))

I will say an extra special prayer for difficult child tonight and her family as well. I agree, 2012 blows as far as bad junk goes. Of course 2011 was no winner for me either.......oh well heck, I've been on a roll for a years now it seems. :(

Calamity Jane

It does seem like there are times when if it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all. I believe it was Winston Churchill who said, "When you're going through hell, keep going." It's hard, but you have to push on, one minute at a time. Hugs.

trinityroyal

Mutt, I'm so very sorry. I'm keeping your difficult child and this girl in my prayers.
Yes, 2012 has been a pretty rough one for the most part. Hoping for a much better time in 2013.

DammitJanet

I think we keep saying we want each year to go away about this time of year and hope the next one is better...lol. I am really hoping that because next year ends in 13 it isnt a bad omen.

So sorry about your loss. Will be keeping everyone in my prayers.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm sorry for your continued bad news. I feel for you. When it's dark and keeps getting darker, you just want to hide your head under a pillow.