I think we have a new difficult child in the family

Andy

When Aubrey is doing her "look" is she able to answer questions? Ask her if anything hurts. If you ask "Aubrey, what is wrong?" how would she answer?

She must be really scared when these happen.

Start keeping a log of time of day and anything around the event that might help a neurologist. Write down the date it happened (and day of week) How tired was she? (before or after nap time?) Do they happen a certain time of the day? What did she eat within 24 hours? Was she outside in heat, sun, cold? What happened from about 15 - 30 minutes of when it started to when she was completely done plus 1/2 hour or more following? Does she remember the rage? Is she tired, confused, angry, ect?

When asking if her head hurts, also ask if her head feels weird/funny. Your head can feel weird/funny but not hurt depending on how each person describes hurt.

susiestar

Roll With It
I think keeping a log is an excellent idea, maybe even a crucial one. I also think you need a video recorder set up and handy to tape these. If you can get a few, even one, of these on tape you may be able to get help sooner.

It certainly sounds like seizure activity to me. I think Children's in Cinci is an excellent hospital and you may have success finding help there.

I am sorry Aubrey is enduring these, they must not be fun to go through. I hope Nichole is able to learn to restrain her so that she does not get hurt. I worry what Aubrey's daddy's response will be when she has one while he is caring for her. I hope he can learn to restrain her safely.

Mean though this sounds, if Aubrey has one and bites/ scratches, etc... Nichole before the doctor appointment, so the doctor could SEE it, you might get help sooner.

Hugs, I know this worries you and hurts your Gma heart to think of your baby going through this.

Susie

Sara PA

I never found restraining to be helpful. Just touching him made things worse. And, of course, when he was in his teens and bigger than I, restraining him was never an option and touching him was actually dangerous.