I thought I had stepped into a Twilight Zone episode

F

flutterbee

Lately, and probably thanks to the lunesta, I have very vivid dreams. I can't tell if they are real or not. For example, last week I thought Devon was 2 hours late for work because he had overslept. He came in my room in a panic and wondering what to do. It was a dream. He wasn't late to work and hadn't come into my room at all.

So, I wake up today to Devon's alarm going off. It's not quite noon. (I didn't get to sleep til sometime after daylight this morning). There was no one here. Wynter was gone, but her tv was on. Devon was gone. Devon had 2 friends stay the night and they were gone. I knew Devon had to work today, but his alarm going off - in the living room! - just really threw me.

So, I called my mom - still not quite awake - to find out if she knows anything and to check on the car as she is the one signing the paperwork this morning. My stepfather answers and said that she was on her way up to see us.

Huh? Why is she on her way here? Did something happen and that's why the kids aren't here and that's why she's coming up?

I went pee and sat there blinking really hard trying to determine if I was really awake or if I was dreaming. :rofl: Then I started over, trying to figure out what is going on.

I was finally cognizant enough to think and called Wynter's cell. She's around the corner at a friend's and won't be home until 10pm - birthday party. She told Devon to tell me. He might have. If he told me while I was asleep, I'll have no memory of it. That's why I also tell him to leave me notes. Devon is at work and he must have taken his friends home, which surprised me. I'm not upset mind you. I have the house ALL TO MYSELF for a few hours today, but I just figured they would be here. And for everyone to be gone when I wake up and for the alarm to be going off in the living room....odd. Oh...and the living room, where 2 of the kids slept was clean! That threw me, too. They always leave their stuff everywhere.

And my mom wasn't on her way to see me. She was on her way to the dealership to take care of the things with the car.

I feel so much better now. I was so confused. I kept walking from the front of the house to the back. Kept checking the kids rooms over and over again...just to make sure I didn't miss them sitting here...trying not to panic...telling myself that there is an explanation....

It's really not hard to mess with me. :rofl:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Heather,

I have that happen all the time...and I'm not on any medications.

I have such dreams that are so real and detailed that when I wake I don't know if it really happened.

Abbey

TerryJ2

LOL, Abbey!

Me, too ... and it can get worse with-medications such as Ambien. But I have trained myself to snap out of it. Believe it or not, it's as simple as putting on my wristwatch, and going to the bathroom. Something in the routine and the cold tile, and the familiarity and reality check of all that just works for me.

Now, if all that becomes part of a dream, I'm in deep doo-doo.

So sorry, Heather. That must have been frightening. Especially not to have everyone home. (I'll give you a hint: even with-a difficult child, it happens more and more as they get older. :) )
I'm glad you're able to see the humor in it!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Now what would be better is to have dreams about some hot guy. (Did this really happen???)

No...mine are about washing my uniform, locking the car, etc. Yikes.

Abbey

F

flutterbee

Thing is I can't always tell if it was a dream or not. Like when I thought Devon was late to work, I had to wait until he got home to ask him.

My sleep has always been so messed up. I would go months on end without dreaming at all.

KTMom91

Hubby keeps reminding me of the time I started punching him while he was sound asleep, minding his own business. While punching, I was yelling, "Give me my paper! Give me back my paper!" All I remember is that he was being a poop, had taken my Chronicle, and was waving it over my head, and I was really angry...and still asleep.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Wynter -

If you are on Lunesta PLEASE be careful. My Mom finally had to set up a video camera to catch herself sleep walking and sleep cooking, and sleep taking the trash to the curb, and sleep picking up sticks in the back yard at 3:00 AM. It was so dangerous for her - she worried after catching herself making food and not knowing where the food came from next to the bed.

The doctor suggested setting up a camera = at one point she wasn't sure if she was dreaming she was dreaming or actually dreaming - and she was doing all. She worried that she would get in her car and drive.

When she found her back door unlocked and sticks in a pile? She deduced it was her and NOT a robber that she had to be paranoid of (I want a robber that picks up sticks) - we did chuckle - but that uncertaintly made her sleep even LESS.

I'm so sorry you can't get some good sleep. It really must be awful. Hope you find something that can help you get some zzzzz's.

Hugs
Star