I thought I was doing pretty good today

F

flutterbee

As you know, I have cognitive and minor neurological...hmmm...changes. From what, we don't know. Some days are worse than others. I thought I was having a pretty good day....getting my words out in the right order, remembering what I was doing, getting to where I needed to be.

Apparently, I'm not such a good judge. I had to take my car to the dealership - check engine light keeps coming on, transmission isn't right. easy child followed in his car. He did have to grab onto me a couple of times to keep me from falling over as we were walking into the dealership (he is a good kid....just does stupid teenager stuff) - balance issues - but I was wearing sandals and didn't think too much of it. Oh...and since I usually manage to catch myself, the neuro doesn't think I have balance issues. Nevermind that I couldn't pass a field sobriety test stone cold sober. But, I digress......

As he was driving us home in his car, we passed a building and he said, "I wonder what they do there." I said, "Well, it's X Casting Company. I imagine they cast things." Sounds like a perfectly good response to me. He chuckled and said, "I can't believe you drove down [Route] 23 in a messed up car today."

What? I guess it was the way I said it...words came out in mixed up order. I guess I had been doing that the whole way home.

Sigh. Never boring around here. At least the kids know now to listen to what I meant to say, not what comes out. :rofl:

On the up side, when I put the insurance on easy child's car, my insurance dropped $30 a month because I drive less than 7,500 miles a year now because I often don't feel like I should drive. See....there's always an up side. :D

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay, I don't get it. What did he THINK you said? Or maybe I should be asking, what did you REALLY say since we know what you THOUGHT you said? :confused:

F

flutterbee

I thought I said what I posted. I'm not sure how it actually came out. I tend to get words in backwards order or use the wrong word.

The thing is, I thought I always caught it when it happens. Apparently, I don't.