I took the first step

I had my dr. appointment tonight. The good news is, he agreed to give me a meal plan to stay at 100 pounds- when I get there. Right now I'm 93. He doesn't have an opening in his program right now, I have to wait a few weeks. That's fine, I'm off for a week and a half and everything will be ok. As soon as he has an opening, I'm in. For tomorrow, I'm working and it's only a half day.

husband and I went to PF Chang's for dinner and I'm full and feeling good. Tomorrow I'll freak out and be mad at myself I'm sure, but for now I'm doing well. That first step was the hardest. Thank you for letting me vent to you all. Nobody in real life knows this and I am so glad I can let this out to understanding ears.

TerryJ2

Goodness, if you're going to start a new food program, PF Changs is the place to go. Bravo!
Here's hoping for an easy transition to 100 lbs.

susiestar

Roll With It
(((((hugs)))))

I am proud of you for taking that step. It is super hard and you are a strong woman to take it, esp during all the stress of the holiday season. I am glad you trust us enough to come to us for support.

Sending lots of gentle hugs. If you haven't been at a healthy weight in a long time, you will be amazed at how good you feel. As a child, actually until I got pregnant, my body didn't use food the right way and I had a very hard time gaining weight. I went to college at 79 lbs and 5 feet tall. I ate any/everything when I ate. I did not binge and purge or have a recognized eating disorder. My body was just messed up and didn't send hunger signals or didn't receive them so I was not EVER hungry. I was blessed with great friends who would drag me to lunch and bully me to eat breakfast and even dinner if we were doing things. Otherwise it never occurred to me. It was tied to some other health issues.

The point of telling you that is this - when you get to a healthy weight you may be upset with yourself but you will feel good health wise. I put on 25 pounds in my freshman year and fought to keep them on because I felt so very good. I had energy, I wasn't cold all the time, my hair looked better, everything about me looked better and most important was that I was able to think more clearly. Of course it didn't fix everything, but it helped a LOT.

I was lucky and my problems were largely fixed when I got pregnant. the docs say it reset my body chemistry to do what it should have done all along. So now I have the problem of too much weight. Few people understand how hard it is when your weight is too low. I wish you much success with this. I am glad you are feeling good after your dinner at PF C hangs. If you ever need to "talk" via PM, I am here for you. (((((hugs)))))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm proud of you. That first step is always the hardest one.

So glad you'll be able to work with the doctor on this. Just remember, your goal is healthy. We want you healthy so you can be with us for a long long time.

(((hugs))) P.S. I hope your dinner was devilishly yummy! :)

klmno

You have my full support and well-wishes. it's hard and I know you will have to deal with tons of things and that's ok- Be True To yourself!

T

TeDo

Way to go A! I am so very proud of you. Glad the doctor is willing to take you back into the program when there's room. Just remember....One Day, One Hour, One Minute at a time.... and Baby Steps!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh, yay! I'm so glad for and proud of you, what a delightful post to read first thing this morning. You've been on my mind everyday. Big hugs and lots of support-you will do this!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:cheerleader:WOOOO HOOOO!!!

I, too, am really, really proud of you!

Don't be upset that you ate well... (Easy for me to say, I know) - see it as a HUGE step forward in your goals!

YAY!!!!!

DDD

Way To Go! I'm impressed that you stepped up to the plate (no pun intended, lol). We are all rooting for you as your take this journey toward full health. Hugs, DDD

trinityroyal

UAN, I am also proud of you.
Don't beat yourself up for eating and enjoying a healthy dinner and feeling full. It's all part of the process of learning to have a healthy relationship with food.
Many hugs,
Trinity

buddy

You should be so proud of yourself! What a great gift you are giving yourself and your family. Way To Go! hugs and love, Dee

slsh

member since 1999
UAN, I'm so glad to hear this. doctor sounds like a good guy, and I hope they will be able to get you into the program pronto. I cannot imagine how hard it is to ask for help, and I'm just so happy for you that you were able to do it. You are a very strong lady.

Hang in there!

Thank you guys for the support. Once I get the meal plan, I'll follow it. I just want to put this idiocy behind me.