I used to joke...

mstang67chic

Going Green
...to husband that I thought Taz got the last laugh in and sent us nutso Chester. Now....I'm not so sure I'm joking about it.

When we first got Chester (or rather, he first decided we were his), I kind of chuckled. For two dogs being so different (Taz = Husky/Sheperd mix, Chester = Jack Russel/Rat Terrier mix) they were so alike. Energetic (although even as a pup Taz was never that hyper LOL), curious, affectionate, goofy, sweet/ornery sparkle in the eyes....a lot of similarities.

Today I went outside with Chester to watch him in the snow. For such a short haired dog, he really loves being outside unless it's windy and biting cold (like Taz). He loves to play ball (as did Taz) so I gathered up a loose snowball and tossed it his way. It was like seeing a terrier version of Taz. He came right for it, jumped up, caught it and ate it.

I don't think I'm joking anymore.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I know what you mean. Rufus is a shaggy dog like Molly but he is infinitely better behaved than she was at his age. Still.......when I'm tossing a ball for him he gets Molly's twinkle in his eyes. It's comforting.

Hugs,
Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Truth is stranger than fiction. And there are many mysteries in this world.

And for whatever reason, I believe you and Chester were destined for each other. :)