I voted...have you?

Copabanana

I have nothing more to say except that I am so very grateful for each of you. I know we all represent different political beliefs and religious beliefs and even countries. I want to tell you that you are, all of you, a blessing, and you have, each of you, helped me to believe there is loving and committed community, because I have experienced it.

I hope each of us finds a way to be at peace about the results tomorrow, and most of all to believe in each other and our potential to be a nation, in the same way that we have made loving community here.

BusynMember

Haha. I will vote my party of choice then not even watch the results.

It is what it is. Out of my control. I will be peaceful as long as my loved ones are doing well.

CareTooMuch

I am going to do my best to not watch local or national results, way too stressful before bedtime. It will be what it will be and we will survive, either way. I'm ready for a revamp of the entire system.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I have a late meeting at work then I will leave and go vote. It is my hope and prayer that people will be respectful of one another. Regardless of ones choice in who they vote for, we are blessed to live in a country where we have the right to vote.
I will admit, I will be glad to not see political ads every time I turn on the TV.

Tired out

YAY!! This is the last day (for a little while) of political ads!
We did the early vote option.
I am a "whatever will be, will be" person. I don't get mad about how someone votes.
It is your right to be an individual and vote how you see fit.
so..

Go vote. or don't..that is also your personal choice :)

BusynMember

Haha. I am so happy there will not be any more political commercials!!!!!!!

I wish we could vote against having them on our televisions!

I know that whatever happens we will all find a way.

Elsi

Heading to the polls now! SWOT, I agree with you on the advertising - it just keeps getting worse and worse! Will be glad when this is done today.

Lil

Just got to the office, went to vote first, and now I have to get in gear.

I'll likely see a lot of election stuff on the internet...but nothing that I'll stress about too much. What is done is done and the country will survive. I just hope some of the political division lessens. I'm so very tired of the "us against them" mentality that everyone seems to have.

But I'm so happy for the end of Ads! And the end of the phone calls! And the end of the junk mail - yesterday I literally threw away 8 or 9 fliers from my mailbox!!! For God's sake politicians, think of the trees!

Copabanana

For God's sake politicians, think of the trees!
I know. I HAVE NEVER received so many flyers. I mean, I have never voted in the other party. Never in my whole life. It is a matter of public record, my party preference. What is going on, when they send me stuff that is so polarizing? What is the point?

Copabanana

We got NO flyers!
When you moved, SWOT, did you change precincts? Maybe this is it.

SWOT. Each time I went to the mailbox there were dozens of leaflets/flyers. And at the door too. The weird thing is that the bulk were from the other party, not from the one I identify as my own.

AppleCori

Hubby and I voted (and went to the gym!) early this morning before he went to work.

Did any of you get texts this year?

I got loads of texts from many different numbers hawking many different candidates (local and national).

Someone kept referring to me as ‘Treva’ (not even close to my name). I text back and told them I wasn’t Treva, and they had the wrong number. They apologized, but then kept sending me texts and calling me Treva.

I must have gotten fifty texts yesterday and this morning.

Elsi

Texts, flyers, phone calls (I don't answer), door-to-door canvassers, postcards. I'm happy to see the citizen engagement by ordinary people. Less happy to see all the attack ads and questionable campaign literature put out by candidates and parties. I'm in a swing district, so it's been pretty intense. Will be glad when it is all over.

KTMom91

Hubby and I have signs in the yard supporting a particular local candidate. All weekend, we got flyers like crazy from the opponent hanging on our door.

And yes, I voted. If you don't vote you have no right to complain. Be the change.

AppleCori

And every time we try too watch a YouTube video, there is some ad with scary music in the background telling us how the world will practically end if the other person is elected.

BusynMember

I shared but nobody sent any flyers. Not one. And thankfiully nobody came to our door or called. Im surprised. We have many local races. But all that luck is canceled out by the gazillions of emails I got. Unbelievable.

Not doing FB I think helped a lot.

Lil

And every time we try too watch a YouTube video, there is some ad with scary music in the background telling us how the world will practically end if the other person is elected.

I recently downloaded this little puzzle game. I knew it would have ads, because I'm too cheap to pay for a game. I didn't realize they'd be political ads! I mean come on! I can't even play a game without them? Really?

The amount of money these politicians spend on advertising is disgraceful. If they donated it to a worthy cause instead, I'd be more likely to vote for them!

AppleCori

Except, politicians who don’t sell themselves don’t get elected.

Oh, it might work in a small community. I have a relative running for office in a small rural county, where name recognition and his work in the community will serve to get him elected, but it probably won’t work that way in a larger area.