I wanna kill him

crazymama30

So husband is off all psychiatric medications but klonopin. psychiatrist wants to let his system clear to see if the tardive will get better before starting on the next medication.

He is driving me nuts. He is obsessing over TV (more than normal). He is recording a show in one room, and then watching another show in the living room. Then he tried to go in easy child's room to watch TV. WTH!!! It is time to get ready for bed. Then he sat there and argued with me about why he needed to go in her room to watch TV. It was too loud out here and he could not hear TV. I told him difficult child just went to bed, and if he would go sit down and shut up then I would shut up and then he could hear!!!!! He argued some more and then went and sat down.

He went to his dentist appointment 40 min early. Can you say anxious? He is only taking his klonopin 1x a day, and it is prescribed 2x per day. He had me put them in the morning slot of his pill box, but then picks them out.

He is annoying, and edgy and I don't like this. His schizo eyes are back, and he is just wound up and not in a good way. He sees psychiatrist next week, and this is not boding well for this week. I am not liking this. I am going to bed, and lets hope tommorrow is better.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh gosh! Sounds like how my husband was pre-MS/seizure medications. Except his obession was more in the X-rated realm. Annoying: check. Edgy: check. Argumentative: check. Obsessive: check. Can you say M-A-N-I-C?

I sure hope you can hold on until next week! Any chance the psychiatrist can squeeze him in this week? Or any chance you can just hide for a week? :p

crazymama30

psychiatrist wants to wait the 2 weeks to see if husband's tardive gets better. Then according to husband he is going to try a whole new type of medication, not like the other ones. Whatever dear. The medication psychiatrist wants to try is seroquel. It is still an ap, but I will go along with the story to see if husband thinks it is different maybe it will act differently.

He is sleeping right now, so the world is good. I will leave for work before he gets up, and we will hope today is a better day. I am going to leave him a note asking him to take his klonopin. It has to do something, he is going to drive me nuts. Ug Ug Ug.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Seroquel does behave differently than the other AP's. MUCH less problem with dyskinisia. difficult child 2 get's a bad dystonic reaction to all the other AP's but he tolerates Seroquel just fine. And it's been working pretty darn well for him so far.

Hang in there!

Star*

call 911........call 911
The last time - the psychiatrist took Dude off all his medications? TO SEE what he was like without them? I called about 2 weeks into the "trial" and told the nurse how awful he was. The nurse said she could relate, but there was nothing she could do. The conversation ended.

I waited 5 minutes and called her back. I said the exact same things and she said "We just had this exact same conversation 4 minutes ago." and I said "We did?" acting surprised. THen said "I apologize." and hung up. Four minutes later - I called her back. She was busy. Four minutes later I called her back and she answered again. I told her the same thing - and she just chuckled....and then I said - "If you think these last three calls have not been fun - you should be living with this kid - Either you tell that doctor to prescribe HIM something -call something in for ME or we can keep having these repetetive and annoying conversations all week."

With that she put me on hold - and said she had an opening that afternoon. Apparently no one wants to deal with obsessive behaviors and will find a way to help you once it invades THEIR comfort zone.

Hang tough - maybe you can get him a hand held blackberry storm with tv app and a head set?

crazymama30

I would rather give him a hammer upside the head!!!!!

He woke up at 6:15 and has been a joy ever since. Said he is fine, this is how he is. He is normal. It is all me.

I am so glad I work. I am so glad I work. I am so glad I work.

To top it off my laptop is dying again. I just got it back from the warantee place yesterday, and now it says the hard disk is going to fail. They are sending another box and it will get shipped off again.

ARgggg

Star*

call 911........call 911
IT iS ALWAYS USSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLWAYSSSSSSSSS YOUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Yeah - PFT........whatever. :tongue:

crazymama30

I just keep saying, I love my job I love my job I love my job (because he is not there)

I am glad the kids are in school, so very glad of that.

How did I ever deal with this before?

Star*

call 911........call 911
From what I have found personally?

I was younger,
I had that "I'll change the WORLD" with my love and patience - attitude
I was not as educated
I had no idea where to draw a boundary line -

But now I'm quite sure I could draw a chalk outline.

:surprise:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Or a Jackhammer.

SO sorry, but don't you know by now, it is our fault! Unless we can catch them in the act of being blatantly wrong, and most times that doesn't even work, then WE as WOMEN are wrong.

Go to work and breath deep non obsessive breaths.

I do the anxious early to apt things but I know I do! and I can laugh at myself about it!
Only after many years of freaking out about it and double checking... you know the drill.