I want a haircut!!

klmno

Right now my hair is fairly long- I have kept it that way for years because I can't stand it around my face (bangs, etc) and I don't have time when difficult child is home to style it each morning- plus, it is dry and breaks easily so the less I have to do to it the better. Now I'm trying to find a style I would like if I got it cut but I don't really see what I could do other than the "one length above the collar", unless I want to make major investments in hair spray and look like I'm wearing a wig. LOL!!

Suggestions??

DammitJanet

I think there are a few websites out there that you can upload a picture of yourself and "try on" styles. Or be real brave and go to a salon you trust and throw yourself in their hands and say...do something fun to me! After all, its just hair...it grows back.

klmno

thick, fly-away, wavey, medication brown with- a little gray occassionally that i pretend isn't there

Jena

What if you did a little longer than shoulder length with some light layers through the front so it wont' be so top heavy due to the thickness and get a partial highlight or they have kits at the store you can buy to lighten it up a bit to cover the grey! I'm a pro at covering the grey now lol

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thick hair is best layered, especially if you want to wear it short. Otherwise it tends to poof. easy child has super thick hair, beautiful long and short. But short she always has it layered. The one time she didn't......it looked awful. Doesn't have to be lots of layers either....just enough to stop the poof effect.

easy child and I just got our hair cut. I had mine long for the same reasons as you. That and I can't seem to find a decent stylist twice in a row.:faint: easy child's is really cute....layered in back and cut to flatter her face. Mine was supposed to be similar, but not as drastic.......

Yeah. I'm still not sure if I like it. But I left enough hair that I can go shorter and have it fixed to something more appealing if I continue not to like it.

easy child picked up a hair style mag at wallie world. Tons of styles in there to choose from. And it lets you show the stylist exactly what you want. Huge help.

everywoman

My hair is thick and naturally curly---I have no choice but to keep it layered----and it is still poofy. But everyone else just dies over my curls----I've always wanted to have stick straight, blonde hair, but too much Lebanese genetics in my blood----

DammitJanet

I always thought EW was Lumbee Indian when I saw pics....especially pics of her kids. LOL.

I cut I have always liked...especially on women who have fairly thick hair with natural body is shorter layers around the face and longer layers in the back but the total hair length in back barely touches the shoulders. Its a variation on the shag. With the natural body you can shampoo add moose and scrunch for a casual look. For evenings, you can add more straightener like a flat iron and it is just gorgeous. For work...you could wash, add some leave in conditioner and dry with a large brush.

Of course I would color it and do high lights to hide the gray.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I finally broke down after 9 months of not having a haircut and went to Supercuts. Yeah, it cost me $8, but it was time. The last 2 times I went back home the guy who had done my hair for years was out of town. I kept holding out for the next visit...TYSON!!! STOP GOING ON VACATION!!!:mad:

My hair is very thin, but this is my last ditch attempt at long hair. It's been 3 years in the making and it's still only a couple of inches past my shoulders. You know what irked me the most is when I went back this time and my guy friend had longer hair than me. What the heck? Are you a hair growing machine? Sometimes life is just not fair.:(

Abbers

klmno

Thanks everyone- I'm going back and forth with it. If I get it cut, I think I mught start with just ttaking a lot of length off but not going very short until I'm sure about it. When I had it short before it sure seemed like a lot of work- daily.

Abbey- I found that diet had a lot to do with hair and nail growth, for me at least. Avacodo and salad seem to help, but that might just be coincidence.

KTMom91

Get the cut, do the color...life is too short to go all the way through it with the same hair! My hair color has been platinum blonde, burgundy, and everything in between. It's been halfway down my back, and Susan Powter short. It grows back, and another box of color is only about $8 or so.

Right now, my hair is a bit longer than shoulder length, and red. Who knows what it will look like when July rolls around?