I want OFF this ride

F

flutterbee

OMG, MB, I forgot to buy a lottery ticket! Duh.

Well, the klonopin is making me sleepy, but it really isn't doing anything about the agitation. And it's wreaking all kinds of hell on my lower tract. :sick:

Like I said, my GP would have rx'd the risperdal, but she doesn't normally rx it. She was concerned because it's a powerful drug. Well, I have a very powerful rage that is also intense and overwhelming...otherwise I wouldn't need a PRN. I tried the klonopin. I might try it again, although this lower tract thing has me re-thinking that. I will probably be calling her back tomorrow about the risperdal. I know that worked for me in the past.

Sharon - as far as the kids...pack 'em up and ship 'em off to Egypt with no return address sounds good. :tongue:

Steely

OMG..........
I just read your post.
I am so, so, sorry.
So many cyber hugs being sent your way.
I just wish I had the answers you are seeking.
In the meantime....much strong hugs are extended towards you.

TerryJ2

Lord help me. I want out of my body.

I hear you!

I'm so sorry the klonipin is messing up your system. Any chance your were working on a lower tract issue with-your stress anyway? (I'm trying to give the klonipin a chance.)

I'm so glad your dr was in the ofc and that she is so receptive to your needs. Now that you've been in there in person, maybe she can just call in something if you need a medication change.

Can you look on the back of your ins card for the 1-800 # and ask them if acupuncture is covered? Your doctor probably won't know.

Aw honey. If just breaks my heart to know that you are in that much pain.

I get the uncertainty. I get the not being able to do what you used to. I get all of it.

I am so profoundly sorry that you are enduring this.

Cyber smoochies.

F

flutterbee

Well, I slept for 10 solid hours without waking one time. That had to help. I'm always awake a dozen times or more. The klonopin helps me sleep better than the lunesta. LOL

My mom thinks I should take it again now because her thought is that it needs to build up in my system in order to really get to the agitation. She doesn't understand that it's short acting. If I take it again now, I'll prolly just sleep the day away.

Yeah, my IBS was already going because of all the stress. It really hasn't been too much of an issue since after the heart attack. It used to control my life before. So, I was already vulnerable in that respect to the medication. I'll prolly try it again before asking my GP for something else just to give it a good evaluation. I'm trying to think of what I can take it with that might cushion the lower tract effect. Any ideas?

Thank you for you support. These are trying times.

TerryJ2

Yep. I have IBS.
And it is definitely stress related. (Although deep fried foods make it worse.)
I use Metamucil (I like orange flavor) and anti-diarrheal pills. (The dr recommded Citrocil but I don't think it works as well.) You can't take them at the same time because the Metamucil will pull any pills or vitamins out of your system, so give it an hr in between.
Massage also works. You can lie on your back and massage your GI tract in a big circle, starting on one side, moving down and around, and then up just below the navel. If you've got IBS, you won't have to worry about finding exactly where the colon or intestines are; they'll be in a big knot! Be prepared to make a run for the bathroom if your a good massage person. :)