I want these past 90 minutes back

So you've all seen the little salt & pepper grinders. The individual ones. Aldi had them cheap so I got one of each.

Making my spaghetti gravy. Tink wants to help. Can we use the new salt mom. Sure, let me show you how. No mom, the kids on TV do it, I CAN DO IT TOO.

Does she twist it to grind it? Nooo, she twists the entire cap off. Entire bottle of sea salt in the gravy.

We get past that. Tomorrow is the 100th day of school this year at her school. It's a big thing apparently.
Each kid was aked to bring 100 of any dried fruit. I picked up some golden raisins. and had to listen to miss Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) go "eww eww eww" while we counted out 100. "Eww" because they are "nasty" and "why the heck does she have to touch them anyway".

Then, the kids had made iron-on transfers at school with special fabric crayons. They said "100 days" on it.

Guess the crayons were not THAT special. I could not get it to transfer no matter what.

So I grabbed a marker and wrote "100 days" and told her to color inside the letters with markers.

Now my whole condo smells like a Sharpie.

Watch school be closed tomorrow...

Wiped Out

Staff member
BBK,

I'm sorry for laughing about the salt in the gravy-it just is giving me the giggles:rofl:I love a lot of salt but that would be too much for even me!! Actually I've had similar things happen before.

Yeah-100's day is really big in elementary-especially primary!

I hate that sharpie smell! Yep, you probably they probably won't have school tomorrow but then they'll celebrate the next day!

I hope the next 90 minutes is more fun!

LittleDudesMom

Call me weird, but I love the smell of Sharpie. And I confess, I also love the smell of hot tar and the smell of mothballs!

Sharon

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Sorry you had to deal with that. Hopefully school will be in session so at least you can recover. By the way is it bedtime yet???

Hugs
Beth

Counting down the minutes till bedtime. She is brushing her teeth.

I love the smell of the old metal Stanford permanent markers. Sharpies make me gag. I also love the smell of gasoline. I'd be great if I huffed to get high.

Oh look. Here she is, in a purple leotard and a red nylon cape instead of pajamas. "Because she is a dance queen".

She's a mess.

F

flutterbee

She's too young for the red hat society. :tongue:

I have issues with any strong odor or fragrance so I feel your pain there.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Butter soup with crickets - and sea salt with a dab o gravy -

WE HAVE SOME COOKS HERE THAT RIVAL MARTHA STEWART.

So where WERE you when they passed out the "special" crayons? You were supposed to make an outline of the numbers 1 - 0 0 and then shave little bits of crayon ON TO the shirt - and then cover with wax paper - and iron - melting the crayon shavings into the number and - not getting high.

I used to like the smell of gasoline - 2 years driving a fuel truck killed that high for me.

Sharpie NO - Stanford - YES -

Copier solution in gradeschool too....

But the cafeteria will forever smell like chicken soup and armpit sweat.
(yeah you thought about that too - no wonder we liked marker smell)

And finally to top the evening my princess came out in her royal robe, slippers and cape sans the ermine - and you pegged her for a dancing queen - when she is OBVIOUSLY - THE QUEEN period. (sans ermine due to a PETA petition)

I think after a night like this there is only ONE thing to do - uncap the markers, put one in each nostril and inhale till morning - if you can still function by then - YOU can wear the cape.

(Stay off of the roof) repeat
(Stay off of the roof) hugs

Sooooooo sorry - gravy girl - did you get a biscuit? Where's yer bukitt?

Hugs
Star