I want to talk about bras

KFld

Well I'm exactly the size you described before you put on weight, so I can't help you with this one :smile:

nvts

Mrs. CatintheHat (the other Beth)!

:rofl:

Long story short: I'm doing the very first presentation in my sales job. All men. Long conference table. Our co. required dark suits on a sales call. So. The room is hot as heck so all of the men take their suit jackets off. I follow and am wearing a navy skirt and white blouse.

I call everyone's attention to the front of the room, introduce myself, and

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 12'>BLAM</span>!!!</span>
My bra strap (right shoulder) snaps off, ricochets off the shoulder pad in my blouse, my "significant other" flops down like a sagging drunk on a bar stool and everyone is staring at me.

"Well, now that I have your attention, I'd like you to turn to page, 2 in the presentation..."

In the meantime, I was cracking up!

I'll never get nervous about a presentation for as long as I live!

I also believe that I will never buy a front closing bra again!

:thumb:

The Other Beth

susiestar

Roll With It
Love the presentation!! Probably presented more than they expected!!! What a hoot!!

For the front clasp bra: lay it out on hte bed. straighten everything, then lay down on it and put your arms through the straps. pull the front to the front and close. Stand up, bend over and lift each of the "girls" to resettle them in place.

Any questions???

Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
Golden Guru wrote:
BBK: In english I assume that transliterates to "keeps'emfromflopsen" - yes?

ROFLMbraO

Well are we all supposed to feel sorry because your totin' B's around? Good golly - there are a few things you can wear - like daisy petals - they are flowery little, skin colored bandaid sticky bra things that eliminate the need for a bra at all. If you are poor you can wear a Curad Telfa pad. About the same size a lot cheaper.

I know before difficult child I wore bandaids for bras.

After difficult child this is not the case and I have found TOTAL comfort for cheap in Queen Latifa's new bras called Curvations. They are fantastically comfortable, pretty and affordable. The ones I get also reduce you a size (oh thank you) so you can wear the cute little shirts like everyone else. I no longer look like a cornucopia at thanksgiving - overflowing with bounty.

Also you can find Spanx - they are like a tube bra, but slim you.
If you are really looking for a quicker pusher upper, it's the style of bra you look for. Demi bras do that. Cross your hearts wont. Also there are silicone stickums that push you up and together. I've never had to bother with them but they seem like they'd be hot.

So first find out what kind of bra you LIKE and then look for it in your proper size - you may think you are a 34 B, and in reality you could be a 32 C. My best advice if you can't find bras off the shelf that are comfy - go get measured and find out what size you really are.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
OK Star when you mentioned push up bras those things just hurt. I tried that once (not smart when you are overly endowed). That is just not a natural look. I thought I was poking my nose or something.

Ah well we live and learn.

Beth

susiestar

Roll With It
Here is another vote for professional bra fitting. The pro fitter in her own special shop here in OK says most women are in a cup size that is too small and a rib size that is too big.

The brand I like is no longer made. I have found that Spanx has a bra called Brallelujah (problem not spelled right) that is AMAZING!!!!! It is so comfy, I will NOT wear any other bra. I just can't stand them. The bra is made out of super durable pantyhose material, but engineered to last and to support "the girls" and look nice under clothes.

Haven't tried the curvations, may look at them. In general, I hate bras. HATE HATE HATE them. Usually skip them. Don't have to dress up for anyone.

Susie

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
The Bra fitting... I have changed 3 sizes since the kids... B, C, D, now a B...

I had no clue what size I was, so I broke down and went to Victoria's Secret... I was ushered into the fitting room... wrapped with measuring tape, sized accurately, handed about 25 bras that I liked by a sweet little woman... she then pulled me out of said room after each bra was wrangled on... she let me know if it fit or did not fit!!! She felt me up and everything!
But I walked out of VS with 3 new perfectly fitting bras... still have them. They were expensive. but I still have them and this was 4 yeard ago at least? I have black, tan, and white...

I would suggest this for anyone... you don't have to buy anything either... I am just a pushover and guilt ridden.

No front hooks here... always ride up... wore em' like a necklace by the end of the day.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: busywend</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are not 'girls' anymore, they are 'ladies'!
</div></div>

Mine feel like crones.

Star*

call 911........call 911
If I bought a front-hook bra? At the end of the work day it would be like sending Jacques Cousteau into the Mariana Trench on an elusive treasure hunt.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ohhh...you don't want to get me going on the bra thing. <u><span style="color: #CC0000">I HATE THEM.</span>[</u>/b] :grrr:

I am somewhat well-endowed and would chop them off if I had the guts. I find them to be annoying.

I've learned over the years on what clothing to buy so I don't have to wear a bra. Typically it's layered with a spaghetti strap top underneath.

Twice last year I was called into my boss for 'cleavage violation.' I don't wear low cut shirts. Heck...I buy most my clothes at Dress Barn! I seriously thought about filing a sexual harrassment suit. I can't control cleavage.

Back to the bra issue. Over the years of wearing them, I've developed dozens of skin tags along the bottom of the bra. This is primarily why I don't like wearing one now. It's very uncomfortable.

Finally, if I sag...I sag. I don't really care.

Abbey

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: totoro</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> She felt me up and everything!
</div></div>

Gee, now that I'm seperated maybe I need to take a trip to Victoria Secrets and try on some bras just for excitement :rofl:

Kathy813

Staff member
Another vote here for a professional bra fitting. I went to the store in Atlanta that Oprah visits in Chicago. They specialize in fitting bras.

I was wearing the totally wrong size. I'm petite but have rather large, ummmm, tata's. I was wearing a band that was too big with cups that were too small.

Now that I have the right size, the difference is amazing. The band should be tight and low which gives the support rather than the straps.

The bras were very expensive but now that I know the style and size I have been able to get them on ebay of all places.

I have taken both easy child and difficult child back to that store to get fitted and several friends. Not one of them was in the right size bra. difficult child got really excited because it turned out that she went from a 36A to a 34B. easy child has the opposite problem and was happy to find a bra that was comfortable and supportive.

As far as the headlights problem ~ I bought silicone inserts (flat - no gel) that cover that area. They are called Dimmers. :rofl:

They don't have any adhesive and you can wear them over and over (I just throw them in the lingerie bag with the bras to wash). They totally eliminate the headlight problem and you can wear them under any bra and they don't show at all.

One last thing ~ for those of you like me who are uncomfortable when sleeping ~ the last time I visited the store I found the Sleeptop bra. It is made of t-shirt material and crisscrosses and somehow keeps up the girls but is the most comfortable thing that I have ever worn. I change into it the minute I get home and sleep in it, too. It's expensive but worth every penny to me.

~Kathy

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay, I am cheap and dislike spending money on bras....luckily I'm not big, so don't have to special order. I cringe when I have to spend $20 on a bra.....what does a brallelujah cost? I also like the front closing bras if they have a good clasp on them. I like the racer back bras because the straps don't fall down. Seems like I'm always fishing to bring the straps back up on my shoulders. I'm also an underwire woman, but finally gave up on the fiberfill cups, just add unnecessary bulges on me. I don't know how women who get augmentation find tops that fit? I'm not even that big (34C) and I am pulling on buttons....

goldenguru

OK ...

Ladies who have 'custom made' bras for 'full figure' bosoms ... would you please share where you order your miraculous bras?

I went to get a professional bra fitting once.

You think they were able to measure around me with a tape measure?

HA! please.

They had to use an odometer.

F

flutterbee

Wow. Who knew there was such a science to bra fitting. Ok, apparently you ladies do, but I had no idea.

I like the racer back bras, too, because the straps don't fall down. That bra is so comfortable which is why I go through all the trouble to get it on.

Anna1345

Okay I LOVE front closure bras but it is REALLY hard to find them in my size. :rolleyes:

What I do is hold it in front of me, all nice and flat (not twisted) with the out side of it (I guess the font) facing me. Then I flip it over my head as I put my arms through the arm holes -- kind of like what you do when putting on a Tshirt. Does that help?