I will never hear him play the trumpet

Andy

difficult child was very mad at me for something on the way to trumpet lesson last night so he decided to punish me by:

"When I get famous, you will not get any money." I asked what he was going to get famous for. "Playing the trumpet. When someone is really good, they sometimes get paid to play." (keep in mind difficult child does have a natural ability but it is going nowhere because he does not practice like he should). "You will not be allowed at go to my concerts and I will make sure that you never buy a CD. You will never get to hear me play."

I told him he needs to start practicing so that he can become famous. So, this is where you all come in. I am asking all my friends to be available to help sneak me into his concerts and buy me his CDs.
:rofl:

Today we stopped at a garage sale. I said, "Since I will not be able to buy your CD's, I have a little extra money for this sale." "Mom!!!" "Well, you did say I can not buy your CD's." "Mom!!!"

Why can't all our "punishments" be directed into the far off future and in an area that is very unlikely to happen?

klmno

Wow, when I saw the subject I thought you were going deaf. My son started beginning band this school year- he plays the trumpet. He's doing great and I am so glad that he has this constructive outlet-

but, on the obnoxious side- I think we will survive- Know what I mean?? :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What IS it with difficult child's and TRUMPETS?! difficult child 2 switched from violin to trumpet this year :) And no, he doesn't practice, and yes, he sounds pretty awful!

And now he's saying he wants to try percussion... I think he needs to just stick with something for a change.

Andy

Actually Lisa, It does mean no listening to practice either. When we got to practice he told me I was suppose to leave and come back to get him so that I couldn't hear him.

Now, I just couldn't in my heart miss the chance of listening to my boy play the trumpet, even in practice. I couldn't tell him though - I just told him there was no where for me to go for 1/2 hour and I was not going to sit in the van.

:stalker::rofl: I do suppose missing out hearing all those practices might be worth not going to a concert?

TerryJ2

I love the extra money at the garage sale, too. :)

Not sure if you'll have enough stamina to bear the practices and the concert someday. Take extra vitamins and wear earplugs!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oh yah? Well tell little Louis Armstrong - I'll buy a CD

And I'll send it to you too.

You should get a Louis Armstrong CD or Chuck Mangione CD and play it in the house and tell your difficult child you HAD to hear SOMEONE play the trumpet since you will NEVER EVER EVER NEVER NEVER NEVER hear him.

OMG the crack about the garage sale was priceless. Such a quick whit for such a jilted Mommy. :smug:

SRL

You just wait. When preteen boys give up the trumpet it usually means there's a bass guitar and loud amp in your future.