I wish I was leaving on a

Wiped Out

Staff member
jet plane (loved that song when I was a kid and wish I was really leaving).

I've had it with difficult child behavior!! Between difficult child and easy child (difficult child in the running) and my 5 difficult children in my classroom! I love them all but want a break!

difficult child has been so disrespectful lately and I just don't even want to be around him. He is also increasing in the incidents of violence but, thankfully, not the intensity (although no violence is acceptable). I just came up to my room to get away from him!

easy child (difficult child in the running) had an unexcused absence today from school. I heard her alarm go off at 5:30 so I assumed she was getting up. When I got out of bed at 6:30 she was still sleeping. husband and I tried to wake her up. Finally at 6:45 (we're supposed to leave by 7:00) she got up. She ate breakfast, played with the dog and when I told her we needed to leave in 5 minutes (it was now 7:05) she went into a major meltdown, crying and yelling that she couldn't get ready, she had no clean clothes, hadn't showered in two days, and felt she stunk. I didn't even get to leave for work until 7:30-grrr!

Excuse me? Who told her to be on the computer and phone last night until 10:00? We could not get her to go to school. She is grounded from computers and phones for a long time to come. If she misses any more school the concert she is planning on attending in April is gone. We did not excuse her absence-let her deal with the fall out. Tonight she has done nothing but slept and complained of a major headache. We don't even know whether to believe her anymore when she tells us she doesn't feel good.

Oh and two of my difficult children at school were suspended for three days due to a fight on the playground before school. One of the teachers actually had to peel one of the children's hands off of another's neck!

All of this in one day (I don't dare go back to the weekend-this would turn into a novel)!

I feel like one of these days something is going to happen and it will be like the straw that broke the camel's back. Thanks for listening to my vent.

Jena

vent away i'm sorry your having a rough day. when you book your flight on that jet plane can you get an extra ticket??? Please..................... :)

((hugs))) get some rest tonight. things tend to look a little bit better in the a.m. but yea you do need a break. schedule some you time this weekend mandatory.

klmno

Wow, Sharon, you really need to find a way to get a break from it all. A long break- like a few days, at least. I am concerned that this is getting to be too much stress for anyone, no matter how strong, to deal with without some relief. Can you find someplace for the kids to go over spring break? Or better yet, can someone come to the house and watch them over spring break and you take a vacation?

In the meantime, many hugs and supportive thoughts being sent your way.

Steely

Sending many, many hugs.

I cannot imagine being a teacher of difficult children in conjunction with parenting one. That would probably send me right on over the edge. Or, as you said, leave on a jet plane.

We are here for ya.........vent away........

Sheila

Way too many difficult children in your life! ACK!!!

I think you need one (or two) of these.... I would. lol:wine:

LittleDudesMom

Sharon,

didn't someone recently mention "March Maddness"?

Sorry that the kids are struggling so.

Hope the weekend is VERY quiet. Perhaps a little time in their rooms???????

Hope today is better.

Sharon

smallworld

Sharon, sorry about all the difficult children in your life.

It sounds as if easy child is still depressed. Has the new medication (Zoloft generic) helped? If it hasn't or it's made things worse, you may not be looking at unipolar depression. Here's a link to an interesting article on the topic:

http://www.currentpsychiatry.com/article_pages.asp?AID=7349&UID=

I'd strongly recommend checking in with the psychiatrist. Something's not right if she's continuing to act in this way.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Jen-If I'd be happy to get two tickets-if only I could really do that it would be great!

Klmno-I wish I could get a real break over spring break but it's not likely to happen. Maybe we'll head to Michigan for a few days-husband's family usually lets husband and I get some alone time.

Steely-Thanks for the many hugs.

Sheila-A glass of wine just might help!

Sharon-Yep March Madness is surrounding me! Yesterday was a better day at school!

SW-I agree about calling the psychiatrist. She doesn't have another appointment. scheduled until the end of March. Thanks for the interesting article. I have actually wondered if it is possible that easy child could maybe have Bipolar but she never really gets manic but does fit some of what the article said when they don't get really manic.

Thanks everyone! It was much quieter at school yesterday with two of the difficult children gone.

Janna

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh. Sharon - let's meet somewhere and get drunk.

Must be the time of year. What is going ON? You have to be one of the strongest women I know. I mean, not only do you do this at home, you go to work and do it too?? Sheesh - what medications they put YOU on to deal with that? LOLOL!!

I totally understand your respite need. I'm right with you. I'm so sorry things are hard.

XOXOXOX

Wiped Out

Staff member
Janna-It's definitely the time of the year! I don't know that I would call me strong-foolish maybe-lol. I do love my job but this year has definitely been a challenge. I love all of the kids but they never should have allowed 5 difficult children to be placed in one classroom. With a total of 24 students, 5 difficult children is just too much. For some reason my principal thinks I am work well with the difficult child kids-still doesn't mean I should get 5 of them at once!

B

bran155

Jeesh, difficult children everywhere!!! You can't catch a break.

I love that song too. It's funny that you mention that, when I am feeling overwhelmed I go on my terrace and literally look up at the sky and sing that song out loud!!! I think my husband really thinks I need help!!! He caught me a few times. LOL

I hope you are having a better day today. :)