Malika

Just to be clear (it's confusing, I know) - in France, there is no school on Wednesdays and J goes to a centre for kids whose parents work, where they play, do activities, etc. So it's not school where, by and large, I don't get complaints about J - all the while knowing that they find him a rumbunctious, quite turbulent little boy. But because he is basically good during class time, attending to his lessons, he slips by under the radar. Like I said, some poor parents here get constant, constant complaints about their ADHD kids at school, despite a diagnosis.
You are right, confuzzled. When there is an activity to do, J is engaged and perfectly "good". He's even okay during the rather boring stuff at school - I can only imagine this is because he is impressed by the strict, structured surroundings? He is bright but I don't (being honest) think it's anything extraordinary. Have had big hesitations about whether an alternative school would be best for him and in some ways I'm sure it would but in others... he seems to thrive on structure.
J is just too much to handle a lot of the time - like this super-fizzy, highly concentrated drink that splashes out all over you when you open it :) Most people are fond of him, they don't dislike him, because he's so sweet on occasion, but he just really stands out from the mould of basically well behaved, well mannered kids that you will find here. And I really feel for him because it means he doesn't get invited to his school friends' houses, for example - the parents just don't want to deal with him. Yet underneath he's a great kid, he really is.