I won! got my hearing decision

DammitJanet

I just got my SSDI hearing decision in the mail today!

I cannot believe it. I had the hearing May 11th and they got the decision to me a week later! That was fast.

It is fully favorable and it listed degenerative joint disease, obesity, bipolar and chronic pain as my disabling conditions. Works for me! My lawyer told me we were going in there with my psychiatric problems as my primary disabling problems because that is what I have the strongest ongoing medical history since losing insurance in 2005 but obviously the judge understood what else has gone on with me before. Yes my bipolar and my ptsd is an ongoing battle but the joint problems and chronic pain is bad too.

Im a bit confused about something though.

It says in the decision that Based on the Title II application filed on 8/2/05 the claimant is entitled to a period of disability beginning March 1, 04 and to disability insurance benefits under Section 216 and 223 respectively of the SS act.

Based on the Title XVI application filed on the same date the claimant has been disabled since march 1, 2004 under section 1614 of the social security act and the claimants disability has continued at least through the date of this decision.

Not sure what all that means but not really caring right now...lol. it sounds all good at this point.

Its really bad that Im this bad off at 45 to be considered severely impaired...sigh.

tiredmommy

<span style='font-size: 20pt'> <span style="color: #CC0000">Congratulations!!!! </span> </span> :warrior:

I remember how relieved my father was when he finally received his disability decision. Word of warning, though, make sure you take care of of your taxes with any retroactive award or the IRS will be right on your fanny!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
<span style='font-size: 26pt'> Congradulations!!!</span> :smile:

Oh, Janet I'm soooooooo HAPPY for you!!!! :bravo: :bravo:

From what you stated it sounds as if you're due SSD back pay from '04 when you first filed. Wouldn't that be awesome?? Of course I can't be positive, but that is what it sounds like and is what they did for my friends sister.

Good lord! I'm doing the major happy dance here. :princess: I am just so thrilled this has finally come thru for you!! :smile: :smile:

DammitJanet

Thanks lisa...I am doing the major happy dance myself.

I keep walking around holding the letter and rereading it. I feel like sending the judge a thank you card...lmao.

Do you think a small flower arrangement would be in poor taste? LMAO. Maybe I could send him a build a bear with bad knees.

I am just so relieved and I cannot believe this is over. Its been so long that I have been fighting for it. I originally filed in 03 but let that application die because they denied me...dummy that I was. Thats ok now anyway it appears. They arent completely reopening that case but part of it.

What is really a bit frustrating though is to know that the doctors they sent me to in that FIRST application agreed with my doctors that I was severely impaired and should be approved for disability. That is why Im being approved from 3/04 forward. Because that is when their docs saw me. Unbelievable. My first application shouldnt have been denied.

Oh well...water under the bridge...its a new day and all is bright. Things will get better for us now. We have a cushion and I will have medical insurance now. Praise be.

Ephchap

Oh Janet, doing the happy dance :princess:along with you! Wooohoooooo. :bravo: It has certainly been a long road for you. Yes, sad that you are disabled, but I'm so glad they finally recognized it and now you can get help with your medications. It shouldn't be this hard for people who truly need help to get it.

Sending mega hugs,
Deb

everywoman

Janet---a new grandababy on the way, your husband recovering, and now this! You've had a banner month. I pray many more blessings to come for you my friend!

DammitJanet

husband is back to work as of this week. He is on light duty whatever that is in the construction field...lol. I am pampering him like crazy when he gets home.

I know this news is going to take a huge load off his shoulders though he keeps telling me that he is just relieved for me. He thinks it will make me feel so much more vindicated and believed...which it does.

Now, if Billy just gets the job he is testing for on wednesday and we can get Cory out of the house all will be going our way finally! I swear I may just get Cory a pop up camper and move him into the side yard...lol.

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> this is truly wonderful news, janet! i'm happy for you.

kris :princess: :princess: :princess: :princess:
</span> </span> </span>

Awesome - Janet!!!

I am really happy for you. I understand the validation and the huge sigh of relief!!

Make sure you buy something purely indulgent - just for yourself - when the backpay check comes in!!!

Amy

DDD

Whew/Phew! It's been a long wait for you but I "think" it is retroactive so you may have a sizable first check to help ease
the catchup stress. I sure hope so. DDD

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>GREAT NEWS! :thumb:
I can't believe they actually got your decision back to you so quickly....hope this eases the pressures in your household. You certainly deserve some relief.....dancing along with you.....</span>
:princess: :princess: