I...

DammitJanet

try one of these

get a spoonful of sugar and swallow it whole. Dont chew it or let it melt...just swallow it.

if that doesnt work...try a spoonful of peanut butter.

flutterby

Fly away!
Relax your body.

Slow, deep breath in through your nose and out through your mouth - slowly - Like you would do if you were doing a relaxtion technique. Twice. If you hiccup during that, start over.

Then breathe in and hold your breath while pushing out your chest muscles and keeping the rest of your body relaxed. Hold your breath until it is just starting to be uncomfortable.

Then slowly exhale through your mouth. Breathe in slowly through your nose and exhalw slowly through your mouth twice.

Always works for difficult child and me.

witzend

The peanut butter works for us. L has had hiccups on and off since I was pregnant with her, so we've had a lot of experience.

KTMom91

My brother swears by the dead bug cure. Lay on the floor, on your back, and lift your hands and feet in the air.

Funniest thing you ever saw.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok. A couple of hours later I'm laying on the floor with arms and feet in the air and peanut butter and sugar in my mouth. I'm trying to swallow but I hiccup it back up.

I don't get them often...maybe once a year or two, but when I do, they are really a pain in the rear. (Gosh... I can't even type it. It's a banned word. I thought I was being gentle. I even tried twice with clever disguises.)

Abbey

Wiped Out

Staff member
Abbey,
Next time you get them try this: Put a spoon (or in your case maybe a spork:)) in a glass of water, rest the back of the head of the spoon on your forehead (the handle of the spoon is what goes in the water)and drink the cup of water. I've tried this many times over the years with my students. Hasn't failed yet!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sure Cure......;)

Go get a kitchen chair
Put it on your front lawn
Turn on all the lights in your home
Open every door and window
Pull back all the blinds & curtains
Turn on the stereo full blast
Remove all your clothing
Walk out on the lawn and sit in that chair
Wait for the police to arrive

They'll put you in a nice jacket, lace it up, take you to a sweet little bed and breakfast...give you a dose of Haldol...and you'll forget all about the hiccups. :tongue:

Abbey

Spork Queen
OMG, Star...subtract the jacket and I'd be in heaven. You put me in one of those things and I'd die of a heart attack. I guess that would cure the hiccups.

Abbey