Ice Candles...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
We have been making these for a few years now, I love the way they look. I line the front steps with them. I put tea-light in them, buy a big bag from the craft store... I just use my tupperware or old buckets to make them I have all different shapes and sizes... It keeps the winter spirit up!!!

http://frozenreindeer.com/2007/12/28/traditional-house-candles-in-ice-finland-christmas/

We have a bunch this year, much bigger also... they are so pretty. The girls love them.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Now that's something interesting to do. :smile:

Is it difficult to get the ice out of whatever you use as a mold? I'm asking as I'm racking my brain to think of what I have around here that I can use. Nichole would love to try this.

Those are so pretty, sure wish it was cold enough here to do that!! We are getting pounded with rain and high winds, not too cold though.

Way awesome idea! I love them.

Hugs,
Vickie

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
It needs to be pretty cold... the middle never freezes... well it actually froze the other night when it got to sub zero and I left one out for 3 days in the bucket!!!
I put the water in any semi soft roundish container... taller than wide. Set it out for a night or two, you can poke it and tell when it is frozen solid enough. Flip it over and it will slide out, the water flows out and there is a hallow in the middle that can hold a candle...
When you set it outside it stays frozen, (in a cold place!!!)

I have these cheap big soft cookie tubs from the dollar store with handles... that had lids, they work perfect... I freeze a new one every night... We have about 10 on front and back stairs right now...

Star*

call 911........call 911
The things you come up with are amazing -

I did worry a little - when the article said FROZEN Reindeer. lol

klmno - VERY funny - cool.

susiestar

Roll With It
Pam would make it easy to get out of the container. NO, not the Pam next door, the spray can of oil!

Also, would food color in the water before you froze it look neat?
Such a great idea!

Susie