• Ice in both

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • What is wrong with you folks? Ice in neither

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
husband used to walk out in the garden with a shaker of salt, grab a couple of dead ripe tomatoes, rinse 'em off under the hose....and stand right out there eating them. He used to joke that they'd go "stale" if he waited long enough to go back in the house.

Me? I only like tomatoes in sauces and salsa, and they h ave to be de-slimed and de-juiced.

Salt on citrus? Love it on lemons and oranges, especially on blood oranges if I can get them.

If you are really hot and fried from being out in the sun and heat for too long, a salted lemon is not only very refreshing, but replenishes potassium as well.

husband learned that from a local tribesman when he was serving in the Mid-east.

Ice? in milk or OJ? No way unless you add booze to it.

Marguerite

I got through my final high school exams by studying while eating a dish full of tomatoes, freshly picked form the backyard.

I'd go out and pick a bowl of tomatoes, grab the salt shaker, settle back at my desk and read my textbooks cover to cover while eating tomatoes still warm from the sun.

difficult child 1 likes his tomatoes pureed with fresh basil, chillies and lots of ice. Stirred with a celery stick. Vodka optional.

Marg