Idiots, Burn Bans and Fireworks

susiestar

Roll With It
GRRRRR

I am SOOOO irritated right now. We have not grilled, didn't even let the kids have sparklers, and have been doing hwat we can because our entire county is in a burn ban and fireworks are completely prohibited.

So for the last 1.5 hrs the neighbors are shooting them off toward our yard. Mr. Shoot-a-mole-with-a-45-handgun figures burn bans don't apply on holidays. Of course he is doing them far enough away that HIS house won't catch on fire, and aiming them at US.

He didn't know that a deputy was less than 5 min away. I was a Fireworks Grinch and called the sheriff because I don't see the neighbor out there with a fire extinguisher or hose even in case of emergency.

We now have blue lights in the yard. I guess those are MY fireworks, lol.

Thanks for letting me vent.

H

HaoZi

1.5 hours? Amazed you didn't hit the neighbor with the fire extinguisher.

DammitJanet

I was kinda glad we had fireworks tonite around the house. We didnt go to one of the major shows around here this year since we didnt have any kidlets with us so I was feeling depressed. Now I had to bring in my developmentally delayed dog because they were scaring her but we watched them out the window...lol

donna723

I dread the Fourth of July every year but I don't think there were as many this year as there usually are. They start as soon as the first fireworks stand opens in town and don't stop till they're all gone. Of course the idiots down the block have been going at it all week. They were shooting off all kinds of stuff tonight that wasn't aimed at my house but it was aimed at somebody's house! This is right in the middle of town and if you shoot off fireworks, they're going to land on somebody's roof!

What really bothers me is that two of my dogs go ballistic when they're shooting off fireworks. When they first started a few days ago poor little Trace was so scared that he was hyperventilating and trembling and then he threw up! I got him outside once on a leash tonight but when I tried the second time he refused. He got as far as the front door, then started backing up till his collar pulled right off over his head, then he ran and hid!

susiestar

Roll With It
when we lived in OH people at least tried to hide them. I would have called earlier but they would do a few and go inside to see if the cops were coming. Then they got bored with that and really drunk. I think their little girl that is a friend of my niece's was drunk from the way she sounded.

I don't go to displays because the noise and the chemicals trigger migraines, but I don't fuss much unless we have a burn ban. But fires are SO bad when they start out here that there is NO way I want that risk. So I gave my neighbors a display of blue and red lights in return.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow. I just realized............

I've not heard a single firework. Not ONE.

Usually here they drive you crazy with them for days before and following. Yet..........not nary a peep. Weird.

No ban either. We've been WET. Did rain hard this morning.........but was fine tonight.

Not that I'm complaining. I'm not a fan of fireworks, never was. I'm ok with sparklers and the lil snappers and such.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Lisa - no burn ban, but most fireworks ARE illegal in Ohio.

Regardless... You shoulda been near us. Drunk people singing karaoke and setting off fireworks down the street.

Sigh.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yeah. I know they're illegal. lol

But normally that stops NO ONE. All you hear for days is pop pop pop and the whoosh of bottle rockets and the neighborhood stinks of sulfur and smoke bombs.

Maybe no one could afford fireworks this year with most of the town out of work.

easy child and her family went out to her mother in law's for fireworks. The woman lives out in the country smack in the middle of woods.....dense woods. I'm waiting to see how that turned out. lol

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Well, fireworks are legal in SC...

They can be sold to anyone age 16 and up.

Usually we spend July 5th picking up the remains of firecrackers and bottle rockets that have landed in our yard - but this year, we are all clear.

Yay! Happy July 5th!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Well, fireworks are legal in SC...
They can be sold to anyone age 16 and up.

Usually we spend July 5th picking up the remains of firecrackers and bottle rockets that have landed in our yard - but this year, we are all clear.

Susie--

I think you did great!!

Happy July 5th!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
We had some sparklers - the ones with wood sticks. Legal. LOL!

I had one go "pop" and blow up a foot from my hand. I said - never mind. Clearly... They aren't supposed to go POP. We also had a couple exploding smoke bombs... Also not supposed to happen.

Gotta love it - the LEGAL ones are the ones hurting people...

Star*

call 911........call 911
I spent the evening at my desk with a 140 lb. American Bulldog CRAMMED under the hole in the desk....er......I mean the BAT cave.