IEP meeting...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
All in all, it was a positive meeting - everything I've asked for we received including assisted technology. As she's going into 8th grade next year, it's time to pass up on getting her to print legibly.

Extended school year, continued placement in day treatment for the next year. A few more academic expectations; she is improving in that area so day treatment/school will expect more out of her on the school side.

kt's grades had improved to all B's, :bravo: , however she isn't at grade level.

I was most impressed with kt's improvement in the therapeutic setting of day treatment; her willingness to participate. The fact that her "episodes" have decreased significantly & are less than 30 minutes. :bravo:

Head therapist & group leader & I discussed kt's need for Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) in the home. I feel that with all the supports she has in place in the day treatment setting, plus outside therapy that an add'l 20 hours a week after school is not giving the kid a break.

I'm meeting with our entire team to discuss stopping the Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) in home piece & bringing in PCAs (who are more behaviorial redirection/intervention & supervision versus therapeutic).

I didn't go into this meeting expecting much - I left feeling better about kt's school placement & her gains there. :flower:

tiredmommy

That's great news, Linda. I'm glad you have a plan in place that you feel confident in. It's also great to hear that kt is starting to grow academically.

F

flutterbee

That sounds like very good news all the way around. Way to go ktbug! Way to go warrior mom for getting her there! :warrior:

Can I borrow you for my next IEP meeting? :blush: :flower:

Marguerite

Sounds really good. You've got some understanding in there, some useful goals and a sense of accomplishment.

Now we need to see how it works in practice...

Marg

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #000099"> so nice to hear that kt is making real progress!! :princess: :princess: :princess: how fabulous.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

On_Call

Linda,

What a great meeting. Everything you could hope for. So glad to hear that kt's academics are coming on board, as well. I agree that her cooperation in the therapeutic portions are just as important.

Sounds like all is on the right track!! :bravo:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I have to say that this day treatment program has kt down. They know her inside/out & are teaching kt new skills to cope with her high level of anxiety.

This day treatment has expanded through 9th grade & is planning to add the high school levels soon. Staff expects kt will be able to attend this setting for the majority of her school years. Or to transfer to the skills for life high school that is right next door.

Either way, I feel, for the time being, we found a good fit for kt.

I'm proud of kt - improvements & some maturity are coming into play. We have a long way to go - but this lightens my spirit.

Linda,

I'm so happy the IEP meeting went well and you are pleased with the outcome. I'm also proud of kt - All B's- Way To Go kt :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:!!!

I hope kt continues to improve in day treatment. It is nice to read such a positive post!!! WFEN :flower:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
So glad the IEP meeting went so well :bravo: by the way difficult child's IEP is on Tuesday-you could be my advocate :wink:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'd be glad to help you all out if I could - I think I'm stretched a tad thin between the tweedles though.

Thanks for the kudos & such. IEPs are always such an adventure.