IEP question


difficult child 2 has major speech issues. When he was home we took him two times a week for speech therapy and he received one session at school from the district.

Fast forward to when he went to Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Constant battle to get him the second outside session. So the speech therapist that he went to at the local hospital just dropped it to once (as the placement didn't take him half the time which is a whole other issue).

Fast forward again to this year. He is still at Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and he tells me that they are not having the school speech person come in. This is part of his IEP. If they don't do it even though he is at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) school that is wrong isn't it?



Yes, the speech-language therapy should be provided as specified in the IEP.

Although your child is in Residential Treatment Center (RTC), the sd is responsible for seeing to it that the IEP is implemented as written.