If anyone is interested more Jumper news!

BusynMember

To those who know about her when she was younger and are still interested, she had a very good week. She made the President's List for her Criminal Justice Degree and is waiting to hear on a job at the County jail. If she gets the job she is going to the Jail.Academy. if not, she is applying to our police academy.

Thursday, she and N finally closed on their house, a nice sized three bedroom with a large lot and four bedrooms/large kitchen. They have work to do though. Hubby and I saw it inside for the first time Saturday. It was exciting and they were very happy.

Tonight I was watching football and Jumper called me and asked me to meet her for dinner. I asked if it would just be us and she said no and to bring Dad too. She wouldn't tell us more.

We arrived first. She picked the place I work at so I was talking to my co-workers when i saw a line of people coming in, lead by Jumper! They were her boyfriend, his brother and girlfriend, and two of her dear friends. After hugs all around we sat down and Jumper showed me her engagement ring! Now we knew these two lovely young people were meant to be together, but now it's official. I told her fiance "I guess we get to keep you." He is such a nice natured young man, used to my hugs. If you are close to my kid, you will be hugged.

I am home now, tired.

Soon we will all live near each other....hub and me, Sonic and Jumper and Priness wants to come up with Baby to help with the house.

I feel so peaceful and content. My kids are not brilliant or beautiful, but I just feel as if they are the most loving young adults anywhere. I love them all with very fiber in my being and with the heat of a million sun's and that includes Bart. And I feel close to all of them. But the bond between Jumper, hub and me seems a tad more intense. That says a lot since I am very close to each one.

Anyhow this is not my story. It is Jumper's. She makes such good decisions about her life and who is in it and she has such a big heart. But so does Sonic and Princess and Bart has a big heart for me and his son. I will take it. Oh yeah. Can't forget the dogs!

I am feeling so blessed for the family that I have. Ften I have to pinch myself. My life started out with buse and now this. I am grateful.

Last edited:

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
To those who know about her when she was younger and are still interested, she had a very good week. She made the President's List for her Criminal Justice Degree and is waiting to hear on a job at the County jail. If she gets the job she is going to the Jail.Academy. if not, she is applying to our police academy.

Thursday, she and N finally closed on their house, a nice sized three bedroom with a large lot and four bedrooms/large kitchen. They have work to do though. Hubby and I saw it inside for the first time Saturday. It was exciting and they were very happy.

Tonight I was watching football and Jumper called me and asked me to meet her for dinner. I asked if it would just be us and she said no and to bring Dad too. She wouldn't tell us more.

We arrived first. She picked the place I work at so I was talking to my co-workers when i saw a line of people coming in, lead by Jumper! They were her boyfriend, his brother and girlfriend, and two of her dear friends. After hugs all around we sat down and Jumper showed me her engagement ring! Now we knew these two lovely young people were meant to be together, but now it's official. I told her fiance "I guess we get to keep you." He is such a nice natured young man, used to my hugs. If you are close to my kid, you will be hugged.

I am home now, tired.

Soon we will all live near each other....hub and me, Sonic and Jumper and Priness wants to come up with Baby to help with the house.

I feel so peaceful and content. My kids are not brilliant or beautiful, but I just feel as if they are the most loving young adults anywhere. I love them all with very fiber in my being and with the heat of a million sun's and that includes Bart. And I feel close to all of them. But the bond between Jumper, hub and me seems a tad more intense. That says a lot since I am very close to each one.

Anyhow this is not my story. It is Jumper's. She makes such good decisions about her life and who is in it and she has such a big heart. But so does Sonic and Princess and Bart has a big heart for me and his son. I will take it. Oh yeah. Can't forget the dogs!

I am feeling so blessed for the family that I have. Ften I have to pinch myself. My life started out with buse and now this. I am grateful.
Oh SWOT what a wonderful post. I am so very happy for you and your family.
A new home, a new career and an engagement! Very exiting times. Enjoy mama!

BusynMember

Thank you so much. This child has always been a dream. Never recall her doing anything really wrong. Sonic is similar. Princess after the drugs has been stellar. Even Bart....he is mine, he loves me. And my precious grands! And I have this amazing husband who is my very best friend....through the hardest times, we stayed strong.

I feel sentimental today. My life has not been easy or always loving...but today I feel amazing. Like I have the whole world in my hands.

Wedding is set for Aug. 2019 so there is time to prepare.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
SWOT, what a sweet way for them to present to you their engagement. So very happy for you and your kids.
Always nice to hear some positive news here, thanks for sharing with us. :love_heart:

BusynMember

I never know whether to post positives or not. I don't want to make anyone feel bad....if that makes sense.

Old timers and some lurkers remember Jumper and Sonic from younger days. So.....hope it is wanted rather than unwanted.

Thank you.

Lil

Congratulations Mother of the Bride! :D Your Jumper sounds like such a wonderful young woman!

BusynMember

Thanks! I have had kid issues many but the two biggest problems are not in my life.

Everyone should move on, count blessings! If you cannot ha e a relationship with your own grown child and like young people (I do) try volunteering with foster who aged out of foster care, me toring program.s of all sort or host a child from abroad who is going to school in the US and needs a host family Family is who you love who loves you, not just DNA. In my case DNA has largely not been a factor in most of my family connections

Estherfromjerusalem

I am so very happy for you. Your post is so uplifting, and gives hope to many mothers here. It is a wonderful feeling to have a good and close relationship with a daughter (and with sons too, of course!). Congratulations on the engagement, and on the house too, and on her job options.

You sound so calm and happy, and you deserve it. So enjoy!

Love, Esther

BusynMember

Thank you Esther! I am happy and am pretty close to all my kids now. There was a time I barely heard from Bart when he wasarried to ex.

Now sometimes..

Naw, I'd rather be in close touch than little touch

susiestar

Roll With It
WOW!!! I am so thrilled for Jumper and her fiance!! (We have to get a name for him now that he is family.) This is wonderful news!!

I love that your life is so happy now. You have certainly spent your time in the fire of uncertainty and discord. You had quite a lot of problems and you fought for your kids like a mother bear. You deserve all the happiness in the world!

Of course your kids are brilliant and beautiful!! They may not have the book smarts or be supermodels, but they make amazing choices for themselves. That makes them smarter than many of the high IQ people in the world. Emotional intelligence means far more than book smarts when it comes to real life. Beauty is about far more than what you look like, and your children are truly beautiful people. They show it every day in how they care about you and about other people.

It is wonderful that most of your family is wanting to live close to each other. That is amazing. You have built and amazing family for yourself. It is a beautiful thing to see how well they are doing and what great choices they are making! (Even Bart has come such a long long way!)

BusynMember

Susie, you are too kind. Actually the family of my current husband, Sonic and Jumper is a lot like the Hallmark family I always wanted but never had growing up or with my first husband. And the goodness and Emotionsl Intelligence of Sonic and Jumper in my opinion is partly a result of seeing two loving involved parents who did not have crazy drama and who kept them grounded. Jumper's emotional intelligence is off the charts, always was. She did not cause extra drama for herself or us and goes pretty well with the flow. She has had two downer experiences that I can remember. That's not a lot for a girl who had learning disabilities and is a minority. Heck, she always had tons of friends and won Prom Wueen. When they announced she won, I ran down the bleachers to hug her and she hugged me and we both cried. She was not embarrassed lol!

And she is adopted, which can be another challenge, but neither Sonic nor Jumper ever treated us less than their only mom and dad. And I feel the deep connection between all four of us. In a corny way, I can feel the love. Seriously.

I was blessed to have that and blessed to have them and blessed that life turned out so well.

Since I grew up in a family that (most of them) demeaned my value as member and as a person, having the family I have now fills me with gratitude. And now that this family is the only one I have left that I am in contact with, I am peaceful.

Thanks again. I think I will call Jumpers fiance Hunter. They actually have names that are very close such as Patrick and Patty and we call them Pat & Pat. I think their close names are cute too. Meant to be.

Last edited: