if I didn't have bad luck

Dixies_fire

I'd have no luck at all...

Let me preface this by saying I'm incredibly lucky, and I will explain why, just the hits keep on coming.

10 years ago I developed a cyst that couldn't be lanced resulting in 1/3 of my butt cheek being removed.

Sorry if that's too much information.

Well this week I developed another and have made several attempts at getting in the doctor. Since last night it doubled in size and was still relatively small.

This morning I cautiously approached the hospital on post. Cautiously because every time I have needed immediate treatment and gone to the hospital they have made me wait several more days and get an appointment with my care giver. Today I told them straight up if I wasn't seen it could cost me my breast if I wasn't seen today right now.

I was seen and the doctor contacted the surgeon and he came in on his off day no less and had me fixed up and ready to go within an hour.

Thank heaven, god, deity, higher authority is good, I'd much rather have a scar the size of a nickel then no breast or half a breast!

DammitJanet

Oh wow. We get those cysts that are caused by MRSA in my family but so far all that has happened is they have to be lanced. I cant imagine the pain you must have endured. Some of mine are in not so pleasant places and the sheer thought of any of that area being removed is...well...downright scary!

*Hope you feel better and so glad they saw you right away.

DDD

Selfishly I am feeling fortunate tonight because we have never had either problem in our family. I'm sorry for your pain but relieved you got help so quickly. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Painful nasty buggars. I'm glad you were able to get this one cared for quickly and you lost no additional tissue. Despite your troubles, someone above is still watching out for you.

((hugs))

L

Liahona

I am so glad they took care of you. Finally someone listened and took action. Glad it was taken care of in time.

susiestar

Roll With It
You ARE lucky!!! Of course losing half of a butt cheek or part of your breast isn't fun or something most people desire, but it IS a good thing that you found it and made the doctor at the hospital treat it ASAP.

Hip! Hip! Hooray!! For Dixie's Fire for being an effective advocate for herself!!!:cutie_pie: