If not plastic what do you use for trash bags,?

Pink Elephant

Unfortunately, there are plastic things we use even though we know the consequences, plastic garbage bags being one of them.

Yes, we use both indoor and outdoor plastic garbage bags, but try and limit their use. We have friends who come by each Fall, to collect our raked leaves... they use them as compost, so that helps eliminate plastic waste.

We also visit the recycling bins at the refuse facility where we separate households plastics from paper, from cardboard, from glass, etc. We have bins at home where we deposit like things into each, so when the time comes to do a drop, everything is organized and pre-separated for ease.

AppleCori

I use those plastic grocery bags to line the trash cans even the kitchen can which I keep under the sink.

I don’t have a lot of trash. I use about 3-4 bags per week in the kitchen.

Does anyone else have this? When we rake our leaves, we rake them into a line or a pile beside the road and a big truck comes along with a giant vacuum hose and sucks them up! I have never live anywhere else that does this, but I think it is so cool!

Pink Elephant

Kitchen Catchers in our house, and for a long time now (many years).

We try and keep our garbage output down to a minimum, and by all accounts, I think we do well.

No, I've never heard of that before, but what a great idea! What a great service!!! Wish we had such.