If there are any football fans here...

BusynMember

Well, I did think it was worth it to try.

Although I'm a Packers fan first, I knew this was not their year and I was ecstatic watching the Denver/New England game last night. Yes, I guess I'm a NE disliker (made up word) plus I do like Peyton Manning. I was also thrilled that the Panthers won. I think they deserved it and believe Cam Newton is just awesome and deserved a chance at the Superbowl. I do wish Arizona had kept up enough to make it an exciting game, but I'm still glad at the final result.

So congrats to all Broncos and Panthers fans! Should be a great #50 SB.

New Leaf

Bummers. Pats lost.:( Congrats to Denver, who seemed to know their every play. Every man was covered. There was no one to throw to.
They worked for the win and got it.

The Panthers were on the ball. They ran circles around Arizona.

While I wish the Pats were in it (sorry SWOT, I still love you!)
I think the Super Bowl will be an awesome game. Two great teams.........

leafy

BusynMember

On another note, Leafie, don't seem to be many football fans here...hehe.

I am sorry your team lost. Mine lost last week to Arizona. I knew Arizona was going to lose the game with the Panthers because if they came so close to losing to the damaged Packers, they sure were not going to beat Carolina ;)

I really like Peyton Manning, but I like Carolina too so I'll enjoy the Superbowl.

PatriotsGirl

We all know where my loyalty is...I am sad that they are not in it but their offensive line stunk yesterday. I am not sure who I am going to root for now...maybe Carolina...

Wiped Out

Staff member
Of course, I'm a huge Packers fan but since they were out I was cheering for Arizona and New England. Neither of my teams won. I'll be only watching the Super Bowl for the commercials.

BusynMember

Wow. The Patriots? I didn't think anyone liked them but people who lived near them! ;P

The commercials for the SB are always great.

I don't think the Packers deserved it this year. Terrible year. I hope something big changes for next year...glad we'll have Jordy back.

AppleCori

I am a big fan of football, but I thought this year was mediocre as a whole. A few great teams and a bunch of no-so-good ones.

I don't have a dog in this fight (my 'dog' was pretty much MIA the whole season). OK, I'll admit to being a Cowboys fan. So you can see why this wasn't a great year for me. I mean, between Romo's injuries and, well, Jerry Jones, it was a terrible year.

If I had to pick a team to win the Super Bowl, it would be the Broncos. I hope Peyton Manning wins and goes out on a high note (retires), allowing Osweiler to take over as quarterback. I think Osweiler has a bright future as a quarterback.

If Peyton stays and he needs a job, Please, Please, Please go to the Cowboys.

svengandhi

H and I have never watched a football game and always turned down Superbowl parties. This year it will be different. We watched "The Blind Side" for the first time over the weekend and were so amazed by the story that I researched the young man and learned that he is on the Panthers. We decided we'd watch the game just to see how he turned out and when we told our friends, they invited us to their party where they are serving my absolute favorite comfort food - Kentucky Fried Chicken! (because Jewish girls from the South Bronx always love fried chicken, lol). We know zilch about the rules but we are so pumped for looking for Michael Oher. H sobbed his eyes at the movie. I don't cry at movies, but I was touched.

New Leaf

Ohhh I didn't even know Michael was playing for the Panthers. I was routing for them because their name starts with a "P" like the Patriots, who shoulda been there, LOL.
"The Blindside" is a great movie, on my list of watch every year.
I am sure you will have a great time at the party. There will be folks there who can explain the rules to you. Some SB parties I have been to range from diehard fans to people who just want to get together.

Have fun, and.....Go Patriots......I mean Panthers.... Ahem.
leafy

svengandhi

New Leaf -

My best friend at is a real sports fan, she's the only woman in the office who can out sports talk the guys. She's a Patriots fan and is rooting for the Panthers, too, because she said she can't bring herself to root for anyone named Manning. This much I understand.

I plan to have fun. Our friends are newlyweds in their 50's so everything with them is fun and happiness.

Enjoy the game, too.

Nomad

Staff member
I don't know a thing about football.. But after visiting beautiful NC not too long ago, I am hoping the Panthers win. This is good enough for me. :)

New Leaf

Hey Svenghandi have fun at the party tomorrow. I will be at sons paddling event wondering why it was scheduled on Super Bowl Sunday!!!!!!!!
:mad:
leafy

svengandhi

New Leaf -

Thanks, I am looking forward to it. Busy day leading up to it. Taking youngest son for ACT tutoring while we shop and recycle cans and bottles, then we are donating blood, taking youngest boy to his D & D game and then helping him type up an English paper before we leave. At this rate, I may sleep through the party!

What's a paddling event? Is it like rowing? Enjoy it...

Sven

witzend

I have to root for the Panthers today. And I do like them. Like SWOT, I can't stand the Pats. Sorry...

Keep Pounding!

New Leaf

Hi Sven wow I am tired just reading about all the stuff you had to do.
My son races in 6 man Hawaiian outrigger canoes. Usually he races Saturday's but there was another event so the race had to be on Sunday.....I don't think they knew when planning it was Super Bowl Sunday! Hope the party was fun.....
leafy