If this isn't too tacky ....

VickiL

Linda,
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! And, thank you for your lovely response to my post. I admire you so much and promise you I am taking care of myself:) If or when the time comes, I may borrow your idea and do a page for my husband.

I, too, am curious about the girl in the tree?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
It took me hours to choose the right pictures ~ actually kept my mind busy during the hardest hours after husband's death & before the funeral. This was played during visitation & I had husband's favorite music playing in the background. Clapton, BB King & Steely Dan.

The girl in the tree was kt. She & husband were in my parents backyard. Apparently it was a pretty serious daddy/daughter discussion that I was never privy to. And that's okay with me. kt has her memories of daddy that day. She loves that picture.

Star, that little boy by the river was husband at 2 years of age up in Alaska. His father was stationed there for 8 years.

K

Kjs

That was awesome. did the funeral home put that together? For my mom this past spring, they did the same thing. Started with photos of her as a baby, then her growing up, then her with each of us six kids, and her with each of her 14 grand children. We all got a copy. It took me until her birthday in September to view the video again (it played at her wake) and we also had an interview my sister in law did with her about her life, her parents etc. It took me a long time to listen to that. But when I did, you could hear in her voice how tired she was. That interview was after my dad had passed away, she was so sad without him. She hasn't been able to talk for about 5 years so it was good to hear her voice. Also there was some peace because she was just so tired.

It is a great video. I would be sure to have a few copies made for each of the kids and put it away until a later date. It is sure to be treasured.

busywend

Beautiful. What a great tribute to husband and his life. Something for you all to watch to remember him.

HUGS!

trinityroyal

Linda, thank you for sharing this with us.
It's a beautiful tribute, and your husband's love for all of you shines through.

I have tears in my eyes.

Trinity

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What a touching tribute to your husband. I hope you all are able to hold onto those precious memories to carry you through the coming months. Thank you for letting us all in on some of those memories.

LittleDudesMom

Linda,

That was lovely. It is a tribute to the man he was inside, deep down.

My cousin lost her son in an accident this past summer - he was 19. The funeral home had her gather all the pics and the put one of these together for him to be played during the service itself. I believe they are growing more and more popular and really share who the person was, giving glimpses to those gathered of what was important and meaning to the life that was.

This tribute to Steve is a wonderful legacy for kt and wm. His spirit shines through - his love of hiking, nature, happiness on adoption and wedding days. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Sharon

Marguerite

That was lovely, Linda. You did a good job selecting those photos. He really did have a good photographer's eye.

Have you thought about putting together a scrapbook with the stories to go with the pictures, something for the kids? If you can't type much then maybe talk int oa tape recorder so the kids can listen to you telling the stories of each photo. It might be a good help for them, especially wm being in foster care.

We have a lot more scope in this digital age, to easily duplicate and display our pictorial history.

Also, it could be therapeutic for you, putting it together. You still have a way to go.

Hugs, friend.

Marg

Linda,

Thank you for sharing this with us. It was beautiful, and like TM, my eyes were watery when watching it.

I've always loved photography - Your husband's pictures are gorgeous. What about framing some of them and hanging them in your home? You could also enlarge your favorite one and hang it over a sofa or mantel.

I'm having a hard time trying to express myself - Just know that you and your children are always in my thoughts and prayers... WFEN

TerryJ2

Not tacky at all! Thank you for letting us be a part of your life.
I grew up in St. Paul, so just seeing the familiar address of the funeral home gave me a bit of a start.
Many hugs.