If you like Breyers ice cream

mstang67chic

Going Green
You might want to stock up. We have a Breyers factory where I live and they had a bit of a fire Saturday night. Production is halted for now and I'm not sure how that will affect the supply for the country. I know there are only a few Breyers plants in the US but I don't know how much each affects the total supply. I think they are hoping to be back up and running in a couple of weeks. Just a heads up!

Here's the link to the local newspaper if you want to read about it:

www.h-ponline.com

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My dad worked at Breyers my whole life growing up and we weren't allowed to eat anything else...lol. We had one of those coffin like freezers filled with all sorts of treat. I should be a whale.

Whenever the stuff is on sale, I stock up. I already have a couple of half gallons in the freezer...yum.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
OH NO!!! That's my FAVORITE brand!!! And that's also why I try not to buy it -- because I'm already a whale, so like, what's next? BEHEMOTH?! Yikes.

We leave for Hawaii in five days... I'm just going to go in the water and never come out.

witzend

Whatever happened to Banana Fudge Chunk? OMG, I have lost at least 10 pounds since they stopped making that stuff!

N

Nomad

I do know that the fat free vanilla is popular...tasty...lower in calories...and my guess little or no preservatives. A+.

DammitJanet

Witz...I think that is probably the same thing I am talking about. Banana Ice cream with chunks of chocolate in it? OMG it was so good!

Star*

call 911........call 911
They do not make Spimoni - HOW can you call yourself an ice cream comany and not stock Spimoni????

I love their double churned chocolate. BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN EATING ANY OF IT SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON HEALTHY LIVING 23 WEEKS!!!!!

Lothlorien

Star...we had Spumoni ice cream cake just last night. Breyers=not Italian.

I stocked up on Breyers this afternoon. I bought four. They happened to be on sale this week for 2.75 and I could only buy four....not to mention I wouldn't be able to fit anymore in my freezer.

witzend

$2.75 is an incredibly good price! It's usually close to $5 here. It's one reason it's so easy to not find a replacement for my Banana Fudge Chunk. Which may very well be the same as the other Banana flavor, but I have been burned too many times trying what might be a new name for the same product and finding that it's not quite what I was looking for. Going without is better than getting something that's not quite right. What, me, picky?

Lothlorien

The grocery store that I go to usually has a sale each week on one ice cream or another, ranging from 1.99 to 2.99. I won't pay higher. I like breyers for Missy because they don't use corn syrup or food coloring in "most" of their ice creams.

Star*

call 911........call 911
ORLY LOTH???

And why didn't WE get invited to the party!!!!!! ??????

-I love icecream cake. But when your birthday is in August and you live in the Hades alternative belt - you rarely get icecream cake.

:angry-very:

Star*

call 911........call 911
An invite?? (hmmmmmmmmm)

TO JOISEY????????? (WOW~~~~~~~~~~~~)

Thank you very much -

(would like please Spumoni ice cream cake, thank you)

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay, I did my part....Breyers Ice Cream was on sale at Wal Mart......I contributed to the rebuilding of the plant.....bought a 1/2 gallon of OVERLOAD Waffle Cone...... I think I'm the only thing that is overloaded right now.......

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Just checked the carton......there are 1.5 quarts......NOT a half gallon.......those tricky devils.......thought the carton looked a little slim.......

So check the carton size before you think you got a good deal......now I'm bummed.......they're messing with my ice cream!!!!!

Sara PA

I'm no longer a fan of Bryers but every time I read the title of this thread the Turkey Hill root beer float in my freezer starts calling my name.

Yeah, I said Turkey Hill....it's the name of an ice cream and a convience store chain around here. For anyone who lives in this region, if you are looking for an all natural product, their Philadelphia Style is basically cream, milk, and sugar. It only comes in a limited number of flavors but mint chocolate chip is one of them.