I'm a looser~!! Hows YOUR weight loss going?

Star*

call 911........call 911
May 2009 - 280 + lbs size 24 pants...

January 11, 2010 ((((((((drumroll maiestro))))))))))

SIZE 10 LOW RIDER LEE JEANS!!!!! Down from a size 10 shoe to an 8/5-9

I am now the proud owner of a MUFFIN TOP instead of a MUFFIN SHOP.

DF down from 260 to 212 - size 44 jeans to size 36 - same amt of time (less 2 weeks)

And I've been so pleased by the reaction of thrift store buddies that have seen me and literally are in shock upon seeing me that I'm tired of telling everyone HOW I did it and drawing a small crowd (not kidding) that I'm in the process of typing out what we have done that is SO easy, what WE have been eating (not much of a change) and what we have accomplished so that if anyone is interested in knowing what/how to do this - I can just say "Can I go to my car and give you a hand out?" lol. I took a picture of the size 10 tag in my pants and a picture of my butt and sent it to my MOM~:surprise: lol. hahaha.

;)

trinityroyal

Way to go Star! I am so very proud of you and DF for your accomplishment. You must both feel wonderful. Nothing like a nice small number on the old jeans to make a girl feel good. And even a change in shoe size!

Slowly but surely, I am tackling the post-pregnancy sag-and-flab. Toting barges and babies certainly helps. Especially my little Basil, since he weighs 18 1/2 lbs now. He alone is like a steadily increasing weight workout, with little Paulina (all 12 1/2 lbs of her) filling in for resting sets. My trouble has been putting WAY too much junky stuff in my mouth over Christmas, so instead of toning up, I've been bulking out. At my height, I just can't afford the extra width, so I've decided to take myself in hand.

Today was Day 1 of my new fitness program. I took the babies out for a walk for an hour-and-a-half in the morning, and then I ran for 20 minutes (well, walked-ran-walked) on the treadmill this afternoon. Gosh, I was slow. It's been over a year since I've done any running. But I'm rarin' to go, and I'm determined to get faster. (We CAN rebuild her, we have the technology.)

I'm still fitting into the larger range of my clothes, so I'm not too far gone. But husband bought me a fabulously sassy pair of jeans for Christmas, which I can't quite do up. Terrible, especially because they fit me when he bought them (I peeked, sneaked, and tried them on, then carefully put them back in the wrapper). Those jeans are my current goal.

Trinity

Wiped Out

Staff member
Star-Excellent news-glad to hear you are still doing so well!!

Trinity-sounds like you are on track! Give yourself time-those new jeans will fit:)

I'm doing o.k. I have been working out on my Wii Fit Plus a lot and also have gone to the club (only on the weekends-for some reason I just can't motivate myself to go out in the dark in this cold weather). My weight has been up just a bit. I'm still down 21 pounds since April but I was down 24 pounds at one point. I've been eating a lot and need to slow down-I'm going back to tracking my food and hoping that will help. Still I am fitting into my new clothes. I only have five pairs of pants that fit. It is taking lots of time to build a wardrobe on my small budget.

LittleDudesMom

Congrats Star!!!!!! What a wonderful thing your've done for you!

I'm back on track, now that I've returned from all the wonderful southern food in Charleston and the obligatory holiday free for all!

Sharon

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm up just a bit since last summer but not suprised, especially since my body wants to pack on fat and hibernate in this horrible cold weather. BUT... 2 years ago I weighed 175, which on my itsy 5-foot-3 frame was frightening - I have no hips and a smaller chest, so it was mostly around my middle, and some in my thighs. The Stress Diet afforded me a loss down to 127, and I am back up to 139 but not worried too much. I figure I'll be okay.

Mom2oddson

Congratulations to you and DF! And what an inspiration too!

I'm just getting on the band-wagon. This is day 3 and hopefully I'll stick to it this year.

M

ML

Star I am sooo proud of you and df. That is an incredible accomplishment. You inspire all of us! Love you girl, ML

N

Nomad

Star...that is INCREDIBLE!!!
Congrats!!!!!! :D:D:D
I've had MAJOR difficulties in the last several months.
I am REALLY frustrated.
No doubt I have something going on with- insulin.
Don't you have some issues in this area as well? What did the doctor suggest and/or what have you learned on your own? I have cut out sweets and drastically reduced bread. I am losing 1 pound a week and if I mess up, that pound comes back. I am exercising 5-6 hours a week and I am getting tired and frustrated.
Am very glad to hear that you are doing well...PLEASE keep up the good work, congratulations again and KEEP US POSTED!
You go girl!!! :D Looking forward to hearing from ya...I'm one frustrated woman!

N

Nomad

Many many thanks STar....just read your pm quickly and will will will re-read many times!

Ironically, just this week after experimenting, I did find the scale FINALLY move.

And one thing I did notice was the main thing you suggested...NO eating after 7 p.m. NADA..nothing.

Also, no sweets, little bread and I take Chromium 3 x a day (a doctor adviced me to do this) 200 mcg.

I'm exercising a lot....

Will look at your stuff too..

This insulin stuff makes the game THAT much harder and I'm NOT a happy camper.

But it is what it is and yes, nothing tastes as good as thin feels. Amen, sister.
Bless you for your help...I DO need it.

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!! You ARE an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ctmom05

Star,

You are really something! It takes an enormous amount of willpower to do what you did. I am so, so proud of you.

I want one of those handouts, girlfriend :)

Star,

I was just reading about your success. What an accomplishment, congratulations!

I'm getting started. Sounds like you came up with your own plan, am I right? Great job!

Gives me hope!!