I'm a mean ole wicth...

Chaosuncontained

Or so all the kids think, and my husband too.

We have his 4 kids here for the weekend (ages 13-8). Plus my 3 (ages 10-5). For those keeping track that's 7 kids! Hubby calls me after my step daughters basketball game and tells me she's bringing home a friend. I said NO. I have enough responsibilities without adding to it.

Hubby calls back and says one kid is going to Gma's ,NOW can the friend come over? I said NO. Just because one isn't going to be here doesn't mean they can be replaced with another. I am tired. I cook and clean and feed 7 kids every other weekend. I don't WANT any more kids over.

Does anyone understand this? Sigh...

slsh

member since 1999
Chaos - perhaps a better answer would have been "Sure, the more the merrier. By the way, honey, I'm going out with- girlfriends this evening, you know, dinner, movie, and maybe drinks after, and probably will stay over at Bertha's house, so I'll be back sometime tomorrow afternoon. Have a good time with- the kidlets. Love you." :devil: Experience is an excellent teacher. :rofl:

H

HaoZi

I'd be insane by now. No joke. I simply canNOT handle all the extra people, especially on a frequent basis with all those demands. While my boyfriend has four kids (two sets of twins), they all live in across the border and it's not something I have to deal with personally. I don't know how anyone does it, but I respect it.
I'm glad you managed to put your foot down and say no to the friend.

Chaosuncontained

slsh: I would LOOOOVE to be able to make that comment. lol and the dinner, movie and drinks sounds great.

HaoZi: I really don't do well with alot of people either--and every other weekend I get so stressed I break out in hives. Doesn't help that Hubby works long hours and Saturdays.

I just really needed to pout today, thanks for listening!

shellyd67

I can totally relate !!! My kids always want to have kids over and then more knock and so on and so on until it is complete chaos .... I don't do well with chaos . I would have say NO too !

susiestar

Roll With It
You are NOT mean. You are setting boundaries, which is important for you and for them. If you never set boundaries then the kids won't ever learn to. This is NOT being a "witch" or "mean" it is self-preservation!

KTMom91

That's what contributed to the decline and demise of my first marriage. Husband 1.0 had three little kids, went faithfully to pick them up every other weekend, but then found stuff he "had to do," leaving me with the kids. No matter how much I insisted they were here to see him, not me, nothing changed. Then his brother started dropping off his daughter so "the cousins could play." Now we're up to four kids, who are not mine. Then a family friend let Husband 1.0 know how much her girls would like to see his kids...and I was up to six. Every other weekend. Until I left. Because no one listened to me, and I resented being a babysitter rather than a family.