I'm a sappy person

Abbey

Spork Queen
I call my former supervisor to let her know she might get a call from my new (hopefully) job.

They were repainting the break room where I kept my cart. I left my boombox and all my music. So she says they cranked up the boombox with my music and painted away. She then tells me that the employees kept coming in saying, "Hey! Is Debbie here???" Then a few customers wandered back hearing my music asking the same.

I hated leaving that job. Such good people. She says, "Are you crying?" Yeah...then she cries, too. Women can be such saps.

Sigh. I guess on to new adventures.

Abbey

Andy

Sap away - It is always nice to leave on good terms even though it is harder than leaving in anger.

klmno

Well, I don't blame you- it sounded like you had a good time working there all-in-all, and you had such a knack for it- can you imagine how many customers must be coming in wondering where you are? How boring will shopping be for them now?

Change can be such a double-edged sword sometimes... especially for us sappy women!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sniff. You're not a sap, Abbey.

A sticky, syrupy, emotional wreck, maybe. But definitely not a sap. :rofl:

It's nice to know you are loved.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Being a sap isn't bad.......in fact, it's quite endearing .......and loved that you left your music/boombox and they immediately thought of YOU....

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Ditto what gvc said. It is so nice to leave with a little heartbreak because then you can always go visit and catch up. I like that - and you ARE a super person! I cry daily, call me a sap, I don't care. ;)

Lori4ever

That's so neat. It is amazing to know that there is that kind of comadarie between coworkers/ friends out there. I can see why you hated leaving. Hoping the job coming up can be so good. That sounds great.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Here's the other little tid bit. They all said I'd last 90 days. So, every morning one of the employees calls me..."Hey. It's Cookie. You have 89 days. See ya. Click."

Next day..."Hey, it's Bill. You have 88 days. Click."

Today..."Hey, it's Desmond (manager with a great sense of humor). You have 87 days. Cranks my boombox, chuckles then click."

These guys are KILLING me!! I can just see them in the break room. Ok, ok...who is going to call today? Ok, I'll do it.

There is no real conversation. Just a reminder of the days. Thanks guys...you're making this REAL easy for me.:mad:

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Apparently THAT is why they are not shipping you your boom box and CD's - they KNOW you will be back.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Apparently THAT is why they are not shipping you your boom box and CD's - they KNOW you will be back.

I wonder if the new paint job isn't "just in case" you come back. I have a feeling they'll be hearing from a lot of customers who will miss you too. I can hear the inquiries and complaints coming in now. lol

Nice to be truely appreciated.