I'm a wreck right now.

Lothlorien

GVC.....I will let husband know. When he passed out on me soon after we were married, he also seized, but he hit is head hard on the shower doors (broke them) and then on the porcelain tub. He has irratic blood pressure and is now on medications. Way back then, he got up too fast and then went to the bathroom. Docs said he passed out because he got up too fast, BiPolar (BP) is typically lower in the am, and the act of urination lowers the BiPolar (BP) a little, all causing him to pass out.

However, last night was just him coughing....it was the kind that just seems trapped in a spasm....don't know how to explain it, but he never caught his breath.

Thanks all for the Anniversary wishes.

Shari, you snuck in on me. Will do.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Hope the doctor apt goes well today.
Sorry about the Anniversary dinner. But next week will better, no sickness!
I love Manilla Clams

Star*

call 911........call 911
You know - my doctor does NOT believe and will NOT prescribe cough medicine. He said it only drives the bug further into your air passages.

Try inhaling some steam with a towel over your head or try those shower inahlers you put in the bottom of the shower that release vapors or some eucalyptus oil in a humidifier.

And take care of yourself......Hope all went well.

SRL

Star, I'd seriously have to get a new doctor if mine wouldn't when I need it. When the cycle of serious night time coughing starts up, my chest gets all inflamed, mucous production increases, the and my asthma gets worse. Last night I took one dose of the cough syrup with codeine I got yesterday and I slept through the night and everything is so much calmer.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm still a believer in the gross shower water inhaler. It takes some getting used to, and maybe several gags, but it does clear the sinues so you don't have that nighttime drip that makes you cough.

Just breathe in some water through your nose...hold it for as long as you can, then snot it out. Yuck, but works. (scrub shower afterwards)

Abbey