I'm always overwhelmed...

Abbey

Spork Queen
...by the caring people on this board. It doesn't matter what is going on in their lives, they just simply care. Good, bad, and ugly.

You guys watch over people who are in need, give advice, and support members who have something positive going on.

Kudos to you all. It makes a bright spot in my day.

Abbey

klmno

And to you, too! I owe many chuckles to you and your posts!

And I agree, there are many caring people here. :)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey

I can't say it enough, I don't know where I'd be today if it weren't for the wonderful caring people here on the board that I now consider very much my Family.

A more amazing group of folks can't be found anywhere else. (at least I've found this to be true)

hugs

TerryJ2

Yes, Abbey and all, it's especially good to have someone here in the middle of the night and not feel like I'm disturbing anyone. And I've returned the favor once or twice, simply by virtue of the fact I was having a hot flash and craving CocoPuffs. :)
It IS a fantastic group!
:)

KTMom91

I missed everyone so much this past week! But with everything that was going on, I just couldn't get to the computer. It sure is nice to be home!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Abbey, I couldn't agree more.....

The caring parents here have supported me through more crisis's with one tweedle or the other than I care to count. I'm humbled as well by the number of parents who can drop their worries to help with mine....

Thank you all.

F

flutterbee

I've often said that the people on this board are among the best people to be found...anywhere.

Abbey

Spork Queen
You know, it goes over how it goes over. The beauty of a place like this is you will get such a variety of opinons that you take what fits for you and leave the rest. It doesn't matter which topic....kids, husband's, jobs, etc.

I'm just very appreciative to have it continue.

Abbey

DammitJanet

Abbey...Im sure from your perspective it has to be kind of like watching a child grow up and be a productive member of society! You kind of adopted a toddler and grew it into an adult, it left home to go live with Fran for awhile and now resides with Cheryl but still...somewhere down deep, I bet you still think of this as your little baby. (I know I do...lol)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Abbey...Im sure from your perspective it has to be kind of like watching a child grow up and be a productive member of society! You kind of adopted a toddler and grew it into an adult, it left home to go live with Fran for awhile and now resides with Cheryl but still...somewhere down deep, I bet you still think of this as your little baby. (I know I do...lol)

Awww...thank you Janet. In some sense, that is true, as I'm sure Fran does. For me, I needed to step away because when you take on the burden of thousands of people's burdens...along with your own family issues, it got to be too much of an emotional strain. I needed to step back, but still am amazed at the support that is provided here every day. I'm very proud of it.

Some of the most amazing friends I've made in my life. I love you all, and wish Cheryl the best of luck and patience. It's a service that she will never forget and hopefully will always treasure. (But...Cheryl...it doesn't come easy.) :)

Abbey

tryinghard

Abbey,

It must be a sign that you posted this....all day today I was thinking about how this board has helped me in so many ways and I just found you all in a moment of desperation a few months ago.

If I told you all how desperate I had become, I think I would scare you. I was about as deep and depressed as possible.

You have all brought me so much comfort in so many ways. You made me realize that me and my difficult child are not alone and there is hope.

Thank you all for being my friends...you and your families are near and dear to my heart.

We are family in many ways...

DammitJanet

This sort of post comes up about once a year or so and I always get so teary-eyed when I think about it. I came here when Cory was a complete and utter mess as a 12 year old. He will be 22 in 2 short months.

In that time I have been through: wilderness camps, more group homes than I can count, 2 psychiatric hospital stays, Residential Treatment Center (RTC) placement, 1 detention stay, several arrests and days in jail, more convictions, some behaviors that would turn your hair gray, Billys graduation from high school, Corys BiPolar (BP) diagnosis, My bipolar diagnosis, my fibro diagnosis, my awful manic reaction to serzone, Jamies Prom, Jamie entering the Marines, Jamie breaking up with his fiance at the alter because she cheated on him while he was in boot camp!, Jamie getting married six months later to a girl he new 2 months!, Jamies later divorce about a year and a half later because he caught her cheating on him with a Marine in his unit...sigh, Cory's baby, My moms alzheimers and me having to quit my job, my disability, husband and his stroke, Jamies baby and new marriage. Im sure Im leaving something out...lol.

And tell me where I head when something happens in my life? Here...first thing! When something good or bad happens to any of my family the first thing they say is...go tell the board mom...lol. When Jamie was upset and down in boot camp...this board rallied behind him and sent him so many letters they actually teased him about it and made him do extra PT...lmao!

DammitJanet

Oh Abbey thats just the highlights for me...lol. Now if I tried to remember all the highlights from everyone elses life I could go on for days and days...lmao!

4sumrzn

Dammit Janet....

And tell me where I head when something happens in my life? Here...first thing! When something good or bad happens to any of my family the first thing they say is...go tell the board mom...lol.

husband & easy child have made a similar comment to me. They must know how much I need everyone here to even bring it up :D. I've been told/asked to go share with my "cyber family" & see what they say about "whatever" is going on at the time. Problem being.....that's all fine when I'm at home around my computer....sometimes I wish I had a laptop & could get Instant Cyber Family on Demand! LOL!