I'm babysitting an actual BABY in the morning!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
This is going to feel really strange for me... my neighbor called tonight. He's in a bind and needs someone to watch his not-quite-3-months-old daughter early in the morning while he takes his mother in law to PT (she fell and dislocated her shoulder about a month ago and is the baby's usual daycare). His wife is working until tomorrow afternoon (she's doing her medical residency and is on one of those killer 24+ hour shifts and the clinic she works at is about 40 miles away) and unfortunately she has the base for their car seat, so they can't take the baby with.

It's only for about an hour to 90 minutes, but it just happens to fall right in the middle of getting my kids to school. husband offered to take everyone tomorrow (what a guy!), so we're able to make this work.

It will be very interesting to see how the kids react to her! It's been a long time since any of us has been around an infant. :)

KTMom91

Let me know how it goes...I think I would be terrified! I haven't held a baby since Miss KT was one...and I have a grandbaby making an appearance any day now.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, we all survived little Raquel's visit! :D

She really is a good baby, but I think when her daddy wheeled her over here in the wind and rain, it woke her up when she really needed to sleep. Add to that the new sights and sounds in my house with kids getting ready for school, and she was fussing before too long (it's very quiet at their house most of the time). After trying all the tricks in my baby arsenal for a half hour to get her settled, she finally quieted down and went to sleep. :)

difficult child 1 didn't really get to see her as they were going out the door for his zero period as the neighbor was bringing her in.

easy child, who is usually very anti-baby, was pleasantly amused by her and remarked at how tiny her fingers were. :)

difficult child 2 got up when she was crying, gave me a very quizzical look and asked what's going on (I don't think he heard last night that she was going to be here). He wasn't too interested in her... too tired to care I think.

husband sarcastically said how much he missed the sound of a crying baby. :p

But the funniest part of the morning was when our cat Harley came up to check out the noisy bundle in my lap, and as she continued to cry he growled at her -- almost like he was being protective of me!

I remember a time when a baby that age would make me nostalgic for another one in my life, but I can safely say I'm past that now! And in NO hurry for grandbabies either!!

DammitJanet

GCV.....when my kids were your kids ages, I would have run for the hills at the idea of another baby. However, the minute my hysterectomy was done, I wanted another one so bad I ached for one. And this from a woman that had her tubes tied from the day Cory was born...lol.

A friend of ours had a baby two months after I had my hyster and they made me godmother. I adored that little girl. Then about 9 months after that little girl was born we found out Keyana was on her way.

I had always said I didnt want grandkids because I was through having kids in my life...now look at me! I like my grands more than I did my kids...lol.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Watch that cat. Unlike in dogs, Growling is a flat out threat behavior and can be very quickly followed by a bite. been there done that

husband got stupid with a cat years back and that cat promptly bit through the thumb knuckle of his right hand.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm so glad this turned out well. I told Heather today that I will be the *almost* perfect Mimi. Since Rob was a toddler when he moved in, she will have more experience with babies than I and I'll have to go to her for advice. :D

Suz