I'm back at home after the angio

Estherfromjerusalem

Hello everyone,

Well, it is behind me now, thank heavens. I had a 90% blockage and a stent was put in.

It's not pleasant, but it is definitely preferable to a heart attack. I was only in hospital for two nights.

I am fine now, feel quite back to normal, will start on my walker slowly, slowly. Haven't had a cigarette for four days. Did it cold turkey. Let's hope I can stick to it.

Love, Esther

Mattsmom277

Wow Esther, you are impressive! A stent put in, 2 nights in hospital, 4 days no smoking, and you are HERE to update us all!!!! You're a rock star!!!

My aunt had a similar blockage and a stent and it served her well. Please do take the walking slow though, don't rush yourself, you're sounding like you are doing so well!!

I absolutely have faith that you can stick to the no smoking. I just know it!

I hope that you give yourself down time to relax and just take care of yourself. You're precious goods, so it is tres important for you to be aware of your own needs. If I were nearby I'd be making you a healthy and hearty home cooked meal, putting you in a cozy chair with cozy clothes and a blanket and book and cup of tea. I'd force feed you tranquility and relaxation. Since I"m so far, I can simply send them as doctor Melissa's orders!!!!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sounds like you are on the road to a speedy recovery from the surgery. Best wishes for a smoke-free life........... Thanks for letting us know how it went........ will be thinking of you!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's great news to know you avoided a heart attack! You are very fortunate. I hope you are able to stick with your new cigarette-free lifestyle :) My father quit cold-turkey like that about 20 years ago, after trying a variety of different methods for quitting. For some reason, this sudden method worked best for him.

DDD

Thanks for the update. Everything sounds positive...hooray! I'll keep my fingers crossed that all continues to go well for you. I'm sure our whole family will be sending good thoughts and prayers your way. DDD

Estherfromjerusalem

Thanks, all of you, you are so lovely. Yes, I will take it a bit easy, but honestly, sitting at the computer isn't exactly the most stressful thing I can think of -- in fact, it is very relaxing, especially when "talking" to you guys.

Two of my daughters came and cooked food for today and the weekend, so I can really take it easy.

I feel really fine, no after-effects except for some bruising where the "pipe" went into the artery. Never mind, it is worth it.

Love, Esther

Love, Esther

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Good luck, Esther! So good to hear that the surgery went well and that you are healing.

I wish my difficult child 1 would quit smoking. I read somewhere that kicking the nicotine habit is as hard as quicking heroin!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Esther, so glad to hear that the angio went well. Every time I've entered the hospital I quit cold turkey as well - never seemed to phase me.

Keep up the good work with the smoking. Have I mentioned the SmokStick product? I use it more than I smoke unless I'm on the phone.
http://www.smokestikusa.com/#

Keep in touch Esther.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Esther, so glad you're done with the procedure and that it went well. Huge kuddos on the not smoking!!!:D ((hugs))

Linda, that smoke stick looks awesome!! How much are those little nicotine packets that go into it? And how long do you have to charge it, how long does that charge last??

If it is fairly cheap other than the original cost, I may invest in it for husband and I (and maybe even Travis).

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Dawg....cannot remember the original cost however the packets are much cheaper than smoking & last me a couple of months.

trinityroyal

Esther, I am so happy to hear that the procedure went well and you are back home resting.
Hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly, and that your daughters continue to pamper you.

Sending strength and good wishes that you're able to quit smoking.

Trinity

Esther , it is good to hear that you are back home, and that all is well. I know that you can make it to a smoke free life. I worked in a smoking cessation clinic for several years and we found that the cold turkey technique was always the most successful.

You can do it!

Valerie

Estherfromjerusalem

Thank you, all of you, for your good wishes. It is very encouraging.

Regarding the angio: modern medicine is just amazing, and I feel completely OK. Tomorrow (Sunday) it will be back to work (here in Israel the work week starts on Sunday). Don't worry, I won't go crazy, but I shall get back to work now.

Regarding the smoking: so far so good. It is five days now. My cardiologist said to me in the hospital that after two days the nicotine is out of the system, and that the problem is in the mind from now on. Well, I keep on repeating to myself two facts. The first one is that the blockage was 90 percent, and I wasn't very far away from a massive heart attack. The second fact is that in about four months time the first great-grandchild will be born, and I certainly want to be around for that.

I hope and pray I can manage it this time. Over the years I have stopped a few times for three months or so, but then I have gradually gone back to smoking. I hope I can do it this time.

Love, Esther