I'm back... (evil laughter)

Abbey

Spork Queen
You know you can't get rid of me.:tongue:

Couple days in the hospital, then H came to pick me up. D was NOT happy about that, but I'm a big girl and can make my own choices. I do appreciate her help, though.

I look like pin cushion. When they did the brain scan, the doctor says, ummm it's empty.

Very nice staff and beautiful hospital. (I cringe at the bill.):sad-very:

Thanks for all the spork wishes!!

Abbers

gcvmom

Here we go again!
All that for a split nail? :confused:

I need to pay better attention to stuff around here. What happened?

DammitJanet

You were in the hospital? For what? Sheesh woman! And you misplaced your brain?

Now I know you lose things quite often but losing your brain is pretty bad. We all lose our minds, that is to be expected but not the actual brain!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Seriously, you must fill us in on the details.

How did you end up in the hospital and...how did H catch wind of this and...where are you now???

Sending hugs - hope all is well now.

donna723

Did I miss something?

You know I love ya Abbey, but why do I always get the feeling that it's all some big 'inside joke' that everybody is in on but me?

lovemysons

Hey Ab,
Glad your out of the hospital, but Ya, what's going on...had no idea that you were getting brain scan, etc. What's the deal?

Take it easy.
love and care,
Tammy

Abbey

Spork Queen
All that for a split nail? :confused:

I need to pay better attention to stuff around here. What happened?

haha...yeah, that split nail just sent me over the edge!:surprise:

The best way I can describe it was quitting drinking awhile back. Psy doctor said that it doesn't really matter how much you drink, it's how consistantly you do it. You could have one beer a day, every day...but when you stop that pattern you go nuts. He said it would be better to go on a binder every now and then instead of manking it a consistent thing.

It's a withdrawl sympton that is best described like an LSD trip (not that I've had one). Walls moved, little animal figurines came to life, I was having conversations with people who were not there..you get the picture. I got to the point that I couldn't tell what was real and what was not.

One morning we both got up and I was griping about the 30 people who were in my house practicing for a play and they were in MY room. Then she walked around the corner and saw I had covered up most of the pictures because they came alive at night. Okay...nutcase here. I didn't help that I didn't sleep for 7 days in a row.

The first 2 nights in the hospital I was SURE there were two dogs tormenting me under my bed. They'd tug at the blankets, bop up and down to make my bed move. I'd sit curled up in a ball until a nurse would assure me that there were no dogs in there. Although I knew that was the case, I couldn't let go of the fear. It's amazing what the mind can do. I felt like I was in One Flew Over the Cookoos Nest. Basically, I went bonkers.

In the end, some good medications helped almost immediately. Now if they would just surface (ahem...). Long story there.

Abbey

lovemysons

Oh My Gosh Ab...

Sounds like when I had my Psychotic episode 2 years ago...are you SURE this is withdrawal from drinking and not signs of Bipolar?

When I went through the psychosis I also had not been sleeping/eating well for days. Had the delisions and all...they were mostly religious in orientation. It was very scary...but ya, the medications pulled me out of it in around 4 days at the hospital.

I am so sorry you went through such trauma...it sounds like it was pretty scary, yet you sound very light hearted about it.

I sure hope your stable now.
With love and care,
Tammy

DammitJanet

Oh Abbey...

Well I can relate to delusions. At least you didnt think you were pregnant with twins no less! I lived in my delusional state for almost half a month or more. I really dont know. It all was so real to me. Things still come back in little bits and pieces now and I cant tell you if they were real or just part of my skewed reality back then. Some of it was hilarious...like the twins!

Do you remember how you felt? Weird huh?

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm going to start drinking today just so I can STOP drinking when I'm 55 and be a REAL treat for Dude....:tongue:

My Dad had an ulcer one year around Halloween. HE was in a room with a man who had the DT (deTox). MOm took Dad our cards for Halloween and the man in the next bed thought the ghosts on the cards were coming to life, freaked out, tore up the cards, was jumping on the bed and yelled at my Dad "Cant you see them they are everywhere? I need to get out of here HOW do I get out of here?" My father rang for the nurse repeatedly for nearly 1/2 hour enduring a bleeding ulcer and this guy with the DT's. Eventually nearly an hour later - My Dad told him where the door was and the man left screaming down the fire escape in nothing but a hospital gown and socks.

The nurse told my Dad the police picked the man up several minutes after his "release" and took him to a psychiatric hospital. So I guess it all worked out eventually for everyone. And we had to draw new cards for Daddy.
;)

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It's so good to see you and hear that you are feeling better. You were missed! :flowers:

Hugs,
Suz

Abbey

Spork Queen
Star...I would have run screaming down the hall, too. I can just see me with my big IV cart running and clanking away.

She had one of those old-fashioned mice set where one mouse is pulling a cart and 8 others pushing. When it would come to life they'd just truck along the fridge top...clicky, clank. They were cute, though, so I didn't destroy or cover them.

Probably the worst was finding a 'wounded' stuffed animal. I thought he was going to die so I wrapped him in a blanket...checked for a heartbeat...none, so in his wrapped state 'buried' him in her pantry. Why? I don't know. Mom? Why is a blanket with bear in my pantry? Ummm...he died.

doctor did consider BiPolar, but didn't think it met the conditions.

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, and a few more. Everytime I'd walk by a trash can it would whisper...feed me...feed me. No one ever feeds me anymore.

The little rope you're supposed to pull in a hospital bathroom? If I didn't pull the rope and just walked out of the room he'd say, "Pull the rope!"

Then there are faucets in the bathroom. "Sanitize...always sanitize!"

The sad thing is I actually talked back to them.:ashamed:

Abbey

DammitJanet

Oh lordy...you had hallucinations along with delusions! They actually talked to you...lol. What fun! I didnt have objects talking to me, it was people. I thought I could hear people saying things that they really werent saying...or maybe it was that I thought I saw people who werent even really there saying things...lol. Im not quite clear on that point.

lovemysons

I had hallucinations too as well as delusions. Everything was a "sign"...I even ran into a neighbor's backyard and because their gate was painted white and I thought it was a "sign" to see G-d.
The other thing that happend was that husband, My mom and a picture of oldest difficult child turned into Satan. It was very scary...
Oh, and I "derobbed" in my front yard thinking I had to prove something to G-d about my allegiance to Him. I'm sure any neighbors that saw that have not soon forgot, lol, YIKES. And I kept thinking that fast cars pulling up around our house were demons.
Like I said, it was very scary and religious oriented.
I even jumped out of our truck when husband was taking me to the hospital...I saw a shovel in the back of the truck and thought husband was taking me to the edge of town to bury me. husband called the police when I jumped out of the truck...they came, apparently young difficult child and Mindy were a few cars behind when the police pulled up...when the police found me running through the woods I tried to pull a police officers gun from his holster. I'm VERY fortunate that he didn't shoot me...I was trying to kill myself at that point.
I'm lucky to be alive after that episode.

They did tell me that I absolutely MUST take my medications for life lest I fall back into psychosis. They said the next time would be harder to bring me "back".

It was mania induced pyschosis.
Ab,
Sure hope you don't have any more incidents like the one you had...Is this the First time this has ever happend to you?
Tammy