I'm feeling a bit down -- VENT

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dear Friend,

Should I start my response with "how are you?" or do I just read between the lines and know that despite what is thrown your way you always find a way to shine? I think I'll just go with shine.

(chuckling to self) Our newspaper here in SC the other day had a story about Harry Potter and the movies, books etc....before it talked about every day news. I don't know if it was a pathetic attempt to divert your thoughts for a moment onto something you may enjoy or if it really IS more important that there will be 2 movies for the last book and not one. Under that story was a blurb about a man that went into his x wives work (a bank) shot and killed a teller, and a customer, kidnapped her and the highway patrol found her shot dead lying on the highway - and found him just moments up the road and had shot himself with the truck still running.
There is no balance in media any longer.

For what you had to endure and continue to endure daily it makes my heart ache. Whenever Jerusalem is shown on the news - I always pay close attention and think "I wonder if that is where Esther is, her home is - her family, neighborhood." I'm not very well traveled but someday I'll get there. I pray daily that there still is a "there" and a "here". We just never know how blessed we are day to day.

So the wedding is off. All that planning and money - well worth the price of making a mistake. Stressful to say the least - but at least now if someone ever says "They are thinking about not getting married" you can offer some insight. An expensive lesson in life.

Congratulations for having such a wonderful boy that COULD finish in the army. What a grand accomplishment. You must be bursting with pride. And then you are trying to balance the pride with history - and come out depressed. Very understandable. Let us hope that the army gave him enough maturity and structure for him to be uncomfortable without it. He may end up being easy child yet.

So are you trying to tell us that you HAVE a pain in the neck or that you are being caused pains in the neck? Clearly I'm uncertain what you meant. lol.

Many hugs for you - I will remember the children that perished close to you in my prayers. How very sad our world is becoming. And for what? I wish someone could give me a straight answer on that. The middle east - Darfur - all genocide if you ask me. (but we can't use that word) it's unrecognized in our society. So far anyway.

Missed ya - glad to see you popped in to say hello.
Take care -
Best wishes with the pains in your neck. (OH go on!)

Star

gottaloveem

Dear Esther,
Yes of course that terrorist attack was in the media here. Even with the elections. I didn't realize that you lived in that area. How absolutely horrifying. To think that your husband prays there. Thank g-d that he wasn't there that night. I am deeply sorry for the loss of the son to the family you know. That family's hearts are now broken forever. You must be so scared knowing it happened so close to home.

I wish one day all of us, no matter where we live, can be free of the fear of terrorism.

I'll be keeping you close to my heart and in my thoughts. I hope the army changed your son a bit so you can all live in peace and harmony. I hope the trauma of the surgery will go away soon. I wish your son comfort for his hurting heart because of the wedding that was canceled.

May peace be with you.

Lia

Lia

Estherfromjerusalem

Hello everyone,

I have just logged on after not being here since Thursday evening, and I am overwhelmed by all your replies to me. Thank you all so much for your concern, and for being so honest with me. I truly didn't realise just how insular you are in the US, with the elections taking over everything else. Here in Israel there is no way that we can avoid knowing what's in the news, all day and every day. I am plugged in to the radio all day long (Abbey, you are not the only person with things stuffed in your bra -- I keep my little radio in there and have the earphones plugged in to my ears!). Every hour on the hour is news, and also usually a shorter version on the half-hour. There is always so much happening, and I am a news addict, I admit. We also have news from abroad, and yes I know about Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton etc.

Anyway, I thank you all for your concern, it was truly horrifying that it happened so near to my home.

Regarding my neck and the scar, I went back to the surgeon who sent me to a plastic surgeon who said I should have cortisone injections into the scar. I consulted a physiotherapist who specializes in jaws and necks, and he said not to have any injections, just to massage quite strongly and that will get rid of the scar tissue inside. So that's what we are doing.

Star, you made me laugh out loud and very loud about the pain in my neck and being a pain in the neck! Thank you.

Yes, I am proud that difficult child actually finished the three years. He will come home to live, and I promise you all that I will let you know how that is going. I am sure it will not be smooth.

Love, Esther