I'm finally approved....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I got my approval letter for disability. Finally - I was certain I'd be in for a fight. Not the case.

I've heard of very few people getting SS disability on the first application so I feel "blessed"; weird description, huh?

Big sigh of relief here - now onto new & more interesting things.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well that's got to be a huge weight off your shoulders!!! :D :D

Good for them. I'm glad to know at least some people don't have to go through the process 3-4 times to be accepted.

Hugs

donna723

That's wonderful, Linda! And I'm so glad you didn't have to fight them for it! That must be such a relief.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I had to go to the third stage and "go before a judge" (via link to CA) in order to get approved. Took 2.5 years for me.

It's a huge load off financially on the one hand, but on the other hand having my disability and inability to work "validated" was sort of bitter sweet in it's own sad way.

I guess one good tihng about the approval taking so long is that I got Medicare right away. That, combined with my ChampVA VA insurance leaves me with pretty good coverage so long as the gov't doesn't cut those plans.

Nancy

Linda,

Hopefully this will enable you get get some services that will help.

How are you lady?

Nancy

klmno

Wow! That is good- especially with the economy so bad right now. I'm glad you have one less thing to worry about!!

dreamer

That's good news that you didn't have to deal with appeals. My husband got ssdi in 1990 when the psychiatric hospital applied on his behald due to catatonia. his approval came thru in less than 60 days & I didn't even know psychiatric hospital had applied. Mine was approved in 2001 for progressive degenerative joint disease systemic rheumatic disease & Lupus 90 days after my application. I had to see a dr of their chooseing & that dr took xrays & labwork of their own before approving me. My girlfriend applied same day & time as me (we dropped in soc second office one day) She had MS asthma bipolar & stage 4 melanoma-she never did get approved. difficult child was approved 6 months after applying on 18th birthday for extreme panic & agoraphobia-treatment resistant. An acquaintance has been in appeals 7 years -fibromyalgia. Sometimes I wonder how soc second decides who must fight so hard for benefits cuz sometimes it seems like there's no rhyme or reason. I had no documents or paperwork when I applied. Yes I agree it was bittersweet. It felt like finally faceing the result of the illness I had battled & sought diagnosis of for soooo many years. But financially it was so needed as our pockets were empty. It was so hard to wait for my Medicare. My husband did also get veterans bens but it took extraordinarily long to get our ChampVA rolling. Except for getting Medicare tho-& of course the monthly check-I can't think of any doors its opened or any other services it has helped us get. Mostly were still on our own. & for some things I think we got more help before ssdi & medicare. I'm so happy for you that you didn't have to fight.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Prayers answered. What a victory for you! Congratulations. Seems like there ARE angels watching out over Linda after all! ;)

BusynMember

Congrats. I got it the first time too. It's not always a fight. And I don't know about you, but I can still work and make up to $900 a month if I want to or can find anything.