I'm frantic...any help

dreamer

My apologies for multiple posts. Me and "edit" were not working very well together and UG.every time I edited, I lost more of what I was trying to type. Now I am frantic, altho I did just get word my youngest brother is safe, I am still waiting word on my old dear friend, a professor there, my 2 nephews, one is a teacher there, another a student, my PCs 2 friends, (students there) and PCs mentor (does lectures there)

And I am now getting emails of more-extended family who attend there.
NIU is approx 45 mins due south of me. A good majority of kids me and my kids know attend there.
So, now I am frantic.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Contact is very slim there right now. I will have your friends and family in my thoughts. I'm glued to the TV to find info, but it's very sparse.

Hugs...Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey and dreamer

I just logged onto my computer and saw the story on yahoo. Then came here and saw the post. OMG How utterly terriffying. Soooo sad this has happened yet again.

Abbey I'm so glad your daughter is safe, and dreamer that your brother is safe. Saying a prayer for those kids and the families involved. Holding good thoughts the faculty is also safe and sound.

Hugs

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thank you all for your responses. Things are still a bit sketchy as far as details. Daughter is safe, but is not let out of her house. She still does not know about her friends. :( She can only get out on a landline.

Last I heard was 5 dead and 20 or so injured. What a sad thing.

Abbey

meowbunny

Abbey, I'm so glad your daughter is safe. I'm sorry some of her friends were hurt. Hopefully, they will be okay.

Dreamer, I hope you get some news soon. The not knowing has got to be agonizing.

My prayers to all who were involved and to those on the sidelines. The pain has got to tremendous. Such a tragedy yet again.

Nancy

Deb, I am so sorry that your daughter has to witness yet another tragedy at a school/college where students should feel safe to learn. This is just awful. Parents have another big worry when sending their kids off to college now. I'm glad she is safe but so very sorry for those injured or killed.

Nancy

Sue C

Hi Abbey,

I just saw this on the news this morning. I'm so glad your daughter is safe! Did she find out about her friends that were shot? How is your daughter doing this morning? I can imagine how traumatized she must be!!!!

Love,
Sue

Abbey

Spork Queen
One was killed, the other shot in the head and is in critical condition. She's flying here right now. She's pretty upset. College classes are cancelled until further notice, so she can stay for as long as she needs. What a tradegy.

Abbey

Kathy813

Staff member
Oh, Deb, I'm so, so sorry. What a horrible thing for your easy child to have to go through. College is supposed to be the best time of your life. It's so unfair.

Sending lots of hugs and good thoughts to your easy child.

~Kathy

DammitJanet

Oh gosh...Im so sorry Abbey. Hopefully being home with you will help her. I would also look for grief counselors. She is going to be so shell shocked.

Take care...I cant imagine how horrible this has been for all of you.

Abbey

Spork Queen
To add to this, she has an INTENSE fear of flying. She takes massive medications to knock her out while in route. Maybe that might be good for her right now.

Thanks to all of you who pm'd me, and to Beth who took my frantic call. I didn't know so many of you were so close in distance to my daughter.

Abbey

janebrain

Oh, Abbey,
I am so sorry to hear about this, that 2 of them victims are/were friends of your dtr. This is just terrible, my thoughts are with you.
Love,
Jane

Abbey

Spork Queen
It's a relatively small school so they know many, especially if they are in the same major.

Just talked to daughter...she is in a layover in Denver. Quite slewed speech, but she is looking forward to being here. Airlines know of her fear and of the medications she takes so she is well taken care of.

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so sorry!!! With all of my stupid drama... I just caught up. I hope she can get some relief and slowly heal from this. Tell her to take it slowly... not to rush it or expect it to just go away.
How horrible for everyone. I am so sorry you whole family and her friends had to suffer through this.
It is just so senseless

Star*

call 911........call 911
Abbey,

I am SO sorry! How is everything going today? Give our hugs and prayers to your family!

Star

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Rumors are saying he was a guy who stopped taking his medications......
How tragic.....hope your daughter can cope with it all......thinking of you and your family.......