I'm going to amputate

F

flutterbee

I don't even know what exactly is hurting. All I know is it's my right side. Started in the flank area, but can't tell now if it's my hip (bursitis), sacroiliac (bursitis), lower back, flank or what. And now it's radiating down my leg and into my groin. I've done vicodin, naproxen (prescription strength Aleve), ice, heat. I've changed positions sitting, I've tried various positions lying. I even tried my new chair pillow thing that I bragged about.

If I had a knife sharp enough, I'd just take out that entire area right now. I have another side. I don't need both. :faint:

I didn't even DO anything to bring this on. No heavy lifting. Nothing. This is just stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Anyone got a scapel?

Marguerite

Sounds neurological, to me. Sciatic? It's always trickier to knock out neurological pain. Sometimes cold works, sometimes heat works.

If it is bursitis then you would be sore to touch over your joints as well.

Maybe see a doctor?

Marg

Stella Johnson

Sounds like your sciatic nerve. I had the same problems when I was pregnant with difficult child. There was nothing they could do back then. Don't know about now.
Mine got so bad that I would lose control of my leg and would fall. :faint:

F

flutterbee

It's not sciatica. I had that entire 3rd trimester with easy child and with every kidney infection. I couldn't lift my leg or use it to support me at all.

Pretty sure it's the bursitis in the hip. Rheumy told me that it was really bad in that hip and he doesn't know how I've lived with it for this long. Well, what was I gonna do? Jump off a cliff? :hammer:

TerryJ2

Hmm. I don't know what you do for that because you're supposed to rest and ice. Can you apply ice anywhere in the area?
I've only had it in my knee and that was pretty easy to ice.
So sorry.

Jena

I"m sorry you are in so much pain.... that's horrible.......no jumping and scalpel not good options lol.......

what about do hot baths work too alleviate pain temporarily. ugh i hope it goes away soon and you don't stay this way for the entire weekend.

let us know how you are.....

Star*

call 911........call 911
Wynter,

My Mother had hip surgery for a tendon that tore 9 months ago. She had a bursa on her hip bone as well. They cut the skin and cut through the GOOD tendon to repair the bad one (made no sense to me) and took out the little bursitis fluid filled sack.

She has osteoarthritis and hurts a great deal but refuses to take pain medications. She takes Aleve Gel caps. and uses this stuff her athletic physical therapist recommends....Bio Freeze. A dab will do ya.

If it is nerves then my thought is that for your pain YOU should be on methadone or some other neural receptor blocking pain medication. Could you try it and see if it makes a difference? DF takes it. He's not in as much pain, but conversations and memory are lacking.

Sorry you are not feeling well today. Gentle hugs....

Star

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather

If you even suspect you have a kidney infection.............

Don't use HEAT!

Those lil bacteria will reproduce like they're on steroids. been there done that and it was soooooooooooooo not a good result.

Hmmmmmmmm. I wonder if you have a stone hung up in your ureter. Might explain the blood/protein but no apparent infection thingy. Had that once. doctor kept checking for infection. Never found any because the only urine he was getting was from the other side which of course wasn't infected. FINALLY does an IVP and yep there if was.:faint: I've also had this a time or too when the ureters were blocked with tissue.

Hugs

F

flutterbee

When it's my hip, I want ice. I tried heat because the ice wasn't working, but the heat just makes the pain radiate. Lisa, now that you mention it, that's probably why my first kidney infection got so severe. I was having sciatica pain and used a heating pad for days.

So far, it's much better today.

Loth, the Thoracic Outlet Syndrome seems to involve the neck, shoulders and armpits. I do have issues there, but not with the specific signs (paleness, weak pulse, etc) that it mentions.

I really don't know what else to do for the bursitis. It's not caused by injury and when I tried PT it just made it worse.

Going to talk about the kidney issues more with my GP on Monday, Lisa.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I honestly do not know how you do it? I would be at a clinic with my blankie and pillow in my jammies and not leave until I felt better. I would also be crying a lot.
Can't someone take you and use you as a teaching subject? Seems as if *someone* could learn A LOT if they could ever helped you feel better.
Sorry you are hurting