I'm going to be a Mother-In-Law!

Lil

My son just texted me a picture of a very pretty opal/pink/white sapphire ring with heart-shaped stones. I asked if it was a ring, or A RING! He said yes, it was "THAT" ring! :D He took a page from our book and did NOT spend 3 months salary. In fact, I suspect he was quite thrifty...which is practical given their financial situation and perfect given her taste in jewelry.

She's an awesome girl. Though we've only met once, I've chatted over messenger with her several times. In fact, I just told her last night she was the best thing that ever happened to him...after she told me that we'd raised an awesome man and she was never letting him go. Apparently, they've set an approximate date, June 2019, though the actual ring had not been given to her yet.

So...I could be jumping the gun here...but I'm pretty sure she'll say yes. LOL

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
How wonderful Lil.
I'm glad he has found a girl who brings out the best in him.
Wishing them all the very best.

Lil

Thanks everyone. He's still a Difficult Child in my book...but coming along. :) A friend of mine just said, "Don't be THAT kind of Mother in Law." Puleeze! All I want is for them to stand on their own two (four) feet! Just praying it all continues to be more or less smooth sailing. Never thought I'd say it, but I kind of wish they were closer. Still, it's only a hard day's drive.

BusynMember

Lil...he is no longer difficult or a child. I don't know him except through your words but I feel so proud of him that I am thrilled. Your son grew up. He had to leave to do it and his fiance (strange word at first, isn't it?) definitely brought out his best. But HE did it.

Your son will be tying the knot two months before my daughter :)

Enjoy! You deserve it!

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Congratulations!!!! I'm so very happy for you all!! I hope my Difficult Child gets to that point some day.
:church::couple::flowers::jumphappy::woohoo:

Jabberwockey

We're still waiting for it to be official. She was messaging Lil the other day fishing for info because our son was acting squirrely and secretive. Oh, and we did find out that the ring has been ordered, not in hand yet.

Lil

LOL! Yes, it was really funny. She had texted me Happy Mother's Day and wanted to be sure my son had otherwise "he'd have to deal with her". :D I told her, "You are so awesome!" To which she said how happy it made her when I said stuff like that...but...she had wanted to ask me a question; did I know what was up with our son, he'd been acting kind of strange.

I told her I really didn't want to say much, but he was very happy with her and they were fine. Better than fine really, and she had nothing at all to worry about with respect to their relationship. :p

He said he plans on taking her out to dinner and asking her after he gets to ring. It is so amusing because they've already talked about getting married next June, so he knows she'll say yes, but I guess he's still acting nervous and trying to surprise her. Young love.

New Leaf

So sweet. Wishing all the best for you and your son. It is always wonderful to read postive posts. I am glad your boy is growing up and being responsible.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy