I'm going to kill this kid across the street.

Abbey

Spork Queen
There is this four year old kid across the street that throws HUGE fits multiple times each day. He screams and tells his mom to f off...she is screaming back...he screams more.

He's trying to evade her by running around the yard and screaming, she's running after him screaming back. GEEZ!! She finally tackles him and throws him into the car. She's half way out of the driveway and the kid bails out the door. (Obviously no seat belt at that point.)

I want to go over and give that kid a good spanking and mom a b*tch slap.

I don't envy any of you who have to go through that. I would last about 2 seconds.

Top it off with other adult family members out there screaming at the top of their lungs.

Great neighbors, eh?

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I ditto MB.

If he's doing that at 4, I'd hate to see him at 12. :faint: Mom needs help fast.

And why were family members yelling? Why didn't they do something? Good grief! He's littler than they are. grrrrr

I'm lucky. I know. Never had to go thru it. Never would've put up with it. There is a time and place for physical punishment. And this is a prime example.

donna723

I agree completely! When we were kids, we wouldn't have DARED to behave like that because we already knew exactly what would have happened! No doubt about it! In fact, I don't know of any kid back then who would have tried a stunt that! And if your mom wasn't around, some other adult would have jacked you up about it - and your mom would have thanked them for doing it!

He's doing it because he CAN! He's getting away with it! And the mom has put herself down on his level - and he's winning. Kid -1, Mom - zip! No doubt who's in charge in that family!

Nancy

Well it sounds much like some of our days here in the early years, although I didn't scream back, but chasing around the yard and difficult child swearing at me yep. I'm sure many of our neighbors wanted to get rid of us too.

Nancy

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry this family is inflicting this on you. It surely must STINK to be the mom of this child. I always wonder why a parent doesn't nip this kind of thing in the bud, but each family is different. It also isn't always possible to "nip" things - there may be an underlying reason for the behavior of the child.

I think a parent who reacts this way NEEDS some respite and then real HELP - because this kid is going to run her ragged.

DazedandConfused

If the kid is talking like that at four ,he's hearing it at home. Hard for me to have sympathy for Mom in a case like that.

We had a neighbor family where it was Grandma raising threee of her grandchildren. Sad story. Mom (Gma's daughter) killed in an auto wreck and Dad in prison. It was either her, or foster care. The older child (12 boy) and the younger one (girl 4) were difficult children. The girl had an unbelievably filthy mouth, and I'm certainly no stranger to profanity. I grew up surrounded by it and have been known to have a few colorful words fly out of my mouth on occasion.

Anyway, I remember being in the kitchen and a bunch of neighborhood kids playing in the front of my house. I hear this little girl voice just spewing all kinds of nasty language. I remember freezing. I go out and calmly explain that if she wants to come play at my house she'll have to stop with using such language. And, she did stop. I spoke to Gma about it and she explained that they didn't condone such language and when she did that at home she was punished for it.

It was some time later that Son and Daughter went up to their house to play video games. Daughter calls me from their phone to ask me a question. Daughter begins to talk and suddently I hear an adult SCREAMING in the background. It was blood-curdling! I was shocked and recongnized the voice belonging to Gma. She was screaming at her grandkids and it answered the question of where the four year old learned such words. I mean, my phone was vibrating with her screaming MFer and all the other words in that catagory.

I remember when she stopped, Daughter was silent. I finally asked "Are you okay?". A small voice said, "Yes", and then I instructed her to "get out of there, NOW!". She did and later explained that the Gma "wigged out". I asked if it happened before, she said "Yes, but never that bad". So, after that neither of my kids were allowed up there after that.

I also found out later that Gma's other adult children (no one was employed at that house), would teach the little girl all kinds of profane phrases because they thought it was funny to hear her say them.

They had all kinds of difficult child issues with that girl. Broken big screen TVs and sneaking out of the house while everyone else (nine people lived in that house) slept. I once found her in my back yard playing in a pile of sand was to be used in a house addition we were about to start. Thing is it was 6am on a Sunday morning. husband and I were very understanding and took her back home. Unfortunately, our patience ran out with them real quick-like. One of the last times I saw them was as they drove by and I was working in the front yard. She stuck her head out the window (of course, no seatbelt) and screamed, "FU 'B', kiss my 'A'". Nice, eh?

They lived on our street for two years. I won't go into all of it, but I had to call the police twice on the older difficult child. He broke Sons bike and then threatened me and called me all kinds of horrible names (whatever). Our neighborhood was elated when they moved out!

Anyway....I would suggest if you want to kill somebody, I would start with one of the adults. They are most likely the root of the problem. At that age, kids don't learn that stuff in a vacuum.

(by the way, that last statement was tongue in cheek and not to be taken seriously)

Last edited:

mom_in_training

Maybe think about typing out the info on this site and mailing it to her anonymously. She sure does need this site.. Wow.... Just a lil while ago my difficult child was leaving to go to work and had to come back to get her work badge that she forgot. She told me about this kid down the street basically chasing down the van in the street and shooting the van with some kind of nerf ball gun. I stood outside when she was leaving again and watched these two boys do it again. Yikes!!! She acted like she was going to stop and go after them after slowing down and yelled at them. I told her that maybe later on she needs to go talk to his Dad. This lil kid is always running amuck on our street to include in it. His Mom is in a wheelchair and I never see her out watching him at all. This would be the very same kid that must have been about 1 1/2 years old when I was coming back from taking my son to school one day and found him in the street playing with no supervision at all and of course I took him to his front door but the Mom had no clue that he was even outside. Hes I think about 6 or 7 now. This kid is a punk, Always flipping off my difficult child when shes driving by. He definitely needs to be put in check or his parents need to start parenting their child. That would also be nice.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
There is this four year old kid across the street that throws HUGE fits multiple times each day. He screams and tells his mom to f off...

well difficult child's were not that bad at 4, now they are though!

Abbey

Spork Queen
From what I see (and hear) :please:I think it's a way of life for the entire family. They all yell at each other constantly. I could SOOOO not do that. I think there are three generations living there.

I just think about being that kid's teacher. He has absolutely NO role models as to what is appropriate or how to handle anger and frustration. I can see the path. He might make it through kindergarten without the red blaring light in the teacher's eye, probably not. He'll be tested, then end up given some kind of medications to calm him. Sorry. The medications are going in the wrong person(s).

This way of life is all this young boy knows, but I still want to duct tape his mouth.;)

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We didn't have language issues at that age (sure do NOW) -- but I'm familiar with the screaming and running away when it's time to go somewhere difficult child didn't WANT to go!

Once when he was 7, I went to school to pull him out for a psychiatrist appointment. He had apparently forgotten about it, and started getting very upset with me once he got to the front of the school. Although he got in the car, he escalated quickly and by the time we were on the freeway, he was screaming for me to take him back to school and hitting me with his fists from the back seat and trying to hit me with the seatbelt buckle (you know, the long lap belt part), which, thankfully, was just long enough to only allow him to graze me and not make a direct hit. I was very close to pulling off the road and giving him a thrashing, but I decided to just keep moving.

Is anxiety was HUGELY out of control in those days. And I imagine your 4yo neighbor has some issues as well, besides an out-of-control mother!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
You know, through all the years of difficult child throwing tantrums and screaming fits, it's only in the last year or so and only with H that she has ever dared to use the "F" word directed AT anyone.

Running outside and making a lot of noise, as well as a spectacle of herself? Yes, it started at around 8 years of age. Foul language - once at age 8, quickly followed by a bar of soap in her mouth - never happened again (until, like I said above, this past year).

I agree, I think the mom needs a good talking to and then the kid. She needs to stop screaming back and stop chasing him, though letting him run wild at 4 would be difficult.

Hmmm, poor you. Buy earplugs?

witzend

We had neighbors like that when M was about that age. It was exhausting, and M picked right up on it. It was the time that the 12 yo daughter and her neighbor friend stood up on their roof dancning while mom and dad were gone that finally was the last straw for me. And for them. I called the parents when they got home, and showed them the shingles the girls had ripped off and tossed at me when I asked them to be quiet. The girls had yelled "Mind your own business! What are you looking at?" while tossing the shingles at me. They brought the little girls over to apologize. He had just put the roof up about 4 weeks earlier and was more than a little ticked off. I explained to him that their being 8 feet behind our back window, we could hear everything they did whether they were in the house or on the roof. I'm sure the girls got an earful, but much more quietly than usual.

This is where we came by the saying, "If you don't want people to look at you, don't dance on the roof of your house!"

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
OOOOfff. We have some not so savory young ones on theone side of us. We also had a family with a few boys that play outside. The things flying from their mouths is truly shocking at their age. Because they can not possibly know what they are saying.

beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've had neighbors like these so often it's unreal. Not fun. At all.

We had neighbors once that were something else. Youngest boy (12) was about as difficult child as you could get. Mean, onary, and at times sadistic. Mom wasn't so hot herself. I'd have talked to her except she was a major difficult child in her own right. Oldest boy major into heavy drugs. Only decent kid she there was the 16 yr old daughter.

Well caught 12 yr old repeated catching baby birds on fire and tossing them off the roof. Reported to both police and landlord. Actually did alot of reporting on them, which is out of character for me.

Then, now Nichole is a baby, I have Nichole in her walker outside with the older two. Next thing I know I have rocks flying out Neighbors window which happened to hit my 9 month old Nichole. I put the kids inside and waited til the punk came out laughing.

Then I was out of the apartment so fast husband couldn't stop me. Next thing I had him pinned against the building with my hands around his throat. And no ladies, I wasn't playing. Punk has the idiocy to say Lady you can't touch me, I'm a kid. Where as I tell him, Look Punk, I'm no bigger than YOU. And in my meanest Mom voice accented by pure loathing, I proceeded to tell the boy that if he ever so much as dared look crosseyed at one of my kids again I'd rip his heart out of his chest and eat it for lunch.

He turned a funny shade of green.

And after that was the most polite young man to me and my kids. Even used to carry in groceries for me. About 3 months later, the boy runs to my door a bloody mess. Drug dealing addict brother had beaten him to a bloody pulp and he was literally running for his life. I called the cops and kept him in my apartment til they got there.

So? Where was Mom? Stripping at the club down the street. :faint:

F

flutterbee

These parents are the reasons that when our kids have problems, we ALL have to take parenting classes. Whereas, they are the ones that really could use them and probably won't get them.

When Devon was 2 and we lived in Georgia, our neighbors let their kids run wild. Literally. 3 year old out riding his bike, barefoot, no helmet at 11:00 PM. Saw them outside playing frisbee with a circular saw blade. Out there with a hack saw cutting down our trees.

It took a while, but Children's Services finally did get involved. When the 3 year old, who was by then 4, was left home alone while his parents went to a school function for one of the other kids (there were 3) and called a neighbor because he was afraid of the thunder storm.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Daisy, that is exactly it. I think the entire family (or whom ever they are) is difficult child. The few parents that are clueless make it very hard of the rest of us who have some sense of reality. Hmmm...which one of those am I?

I cracked up in a sorry way at you confronting the kid.:D He was probably thinking...holy sh!t!!! This woman is going to whip my arse!

Abbey