I'm happy for Mr No

Martie

There are so many newbies around that I sometimes feel as though it is a bit strange to post--but for the old timers who were around when things were really dark:

Yesterday, my ex-difficult child won the American Guild of Organists' local competition in NYC for young professionals (under 23.) This means he will advance to the Eastern regional in July and be the featured performer at a concert later in the spring.

I am pleased for him because he has really never competed in the last 6 years due to his sensitivity that is part of what made him a difficult child.

I just wanted to let everyone who remembers my "baby boy" to know he is doing well, withstanding pressure, and is happy. For those who do not know of ex-difficult child's problems, there is always hope--even if you have a little one, and waiting for 15 years for progress seems like a long haul. It was a long time in coming, but he is now doing well--and no one out there in the "real world" would guess how sketchy his Hx really is.

Martie

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so happy for you and your not so little boy any more. That is so nice to read. We need these kind of stories once in awhile. Thank you and good job. :bravo:

Hanging-On

Wow what a wonderful story. Take a bow.... :bravo:

Thank you for sharing, toast to the rewards from all your hard work. :smile:

oceans

That is so wonderful!!! It is so nice to hear that great news! GFGdom feels like forever, but there is hope for the future for us all!!!

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> oh, martie!! that's wonderful, wonderful news.

give him a discreet congratulatory high five from me.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

TerryJ2

Wow, Martie, that's GREAT news! Congratulations! That's big news for anyone and especially a difficult child. You all deserve a lot of credit and continued success.
:smile:

Sunlight

martie, I had to look when I saw a Mr No post..lmao
your boy is putting a big smile on my face...and I have to say this face has not smiled much in a week. lol

slsh

member since 1999
Gosh, Martie... the title brought a smile to me this morning. It's been quite a few years since he's been MrNo, and isn't that just such a happy thing? :smile: I'm sure for an extended while there, seemed like a permanent moniker.

What a wonderful accomplishment for him. Hope he savors his success - it's been hard won.

I'm just tickled for you!! :bravo:

K

Kjs

You mention there are a lot of newbies. This is the most fantastic news. A success. This is what we all pray for.