I'm having the surgery.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I finally decided enuf is enuf. It might be worse, but can't get better if I don't take a little chance. I'm having surgery on the 14th of April.
I'm doing the little "accountablity" thing. Now that I've told people, I can't just back out!

witzend

Shari, I feel badly because I'm not remembering what type of surgery you're having. Had you posted about it? Or am I just being a clod?

In any case, know that I'm thinking good thoughts for you.

F

flutterbee

I'm thinking good thoughts, too.

I honestly am surprised I remember my name most days....I think you're having surgery for sinus problems?

In any case, good luck and fingers crossed!

nvts

Ok, I was thinking sinus surgery too! Or was it to have the dreaded fat-laden Girl Scout cookies removed from the hips? (I loved your answer to that one! lol!).

Let us know if we're rattling bead for head or well, you know.!!!!

Either way, good luck!

Beth

Shari,

I'm thinking of you and hoping your recovery will be quick!!! My mind isn't what it used to be, lol... Like the others, I'm wondering - Is it sinus surgery??? Well, it doesn't matter, whatever type of surgery it is, I'm hoping your recovery is FAST!!! WFEN

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay, now isn't sinus surgery code for nose job, face lift, tummy tuck and boob job? Only kidding.......hope it all goes well and you get the results you need to help you feel better!!!!!!!!!!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm sorry, I should have added that it is sinus. You guys impress me, I could never remember that!!! Wow! (course, i probably need memory surgery, too!)

I SO don't want to do it, but my head has hurt now for a month solid. Its time.

Thanks! 1 month and 3 days and counting!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay, now isn't sinus surgery code for nose job, face lift, tummy tuck and boob job? Only kidding.....

ROFLMnoseandfaceandtummyandboobsoff - WHY ME MOM -

Shari dear -

You are doing the right thing - hugs

witzend

Which are you doing? My husband just got over sinus surgery last month. He had a bit more than that done, but he told me yesterday "My nose is working better than it has since I can remember." Unfortunately, it was working really well in response to one of the four dogs (we're dogsitting) currently in the house cut a big one in the bathroom as we were trying to get ready for bed!
:tongue:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm having the deviated suptum corrected, the sinus lining scraped (currently I measure 1mm on the right and 3mm on the left and these should be centimeters) and most likely having polyps removed (these are new, surgeon hasn't seen them yet - reg. doctor found them - but nurse said most likely they'll come out, too).

Not TOO major, but major enough for a person who heals as strangely as everything else is in her life... LOL

Since the steroid treatment in Dec, I've actually been able to breathe for the first time in years, and I can smell EVERYTHING, too, it seems. There are some fragrances I could do without, too... That's too funny...the dog tooted...

witzend

husband had the deviated septum surgery about 5 years ago, and it wasn't as successful as we had hoped. Recovery-wise, we went out to dinner at our favorite restaurant that night. Your sinuses will be packed with gauze for the first week or so until you see your doctor to have it removed. I think husband was so used to full sinuses that the packing didn't matter much to him. Anyway, his recovery was pretty quick.

Success-wise, a lot of the reason he had this done was for snoring. He continued to snore after the surgery, and still had the one sinus pretty well blocked. The surgeon re-did the surgery in February, and also removed his uvula and part of his soft palate. This surgery was much more difficult on him. Nose-wise, he got the packing removed two weeks ago, and saw the doctor a second time last week. He'll see the surgeon a total of at least four times to remove scar tissue (husband says "so he can pick my nose!") and follow up. I think he is pretty happy with the results, though. And the snoring is gone.

Don't skimp on the saline spray after surgery. It will keep everything soft and the stitches will dissolve much more easily. Good Luck!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I am so not looking forward to the sinus packing. I absolutely can't stand not being able to breathe. Ugh. I figured a day or two, but didn't tihnk it would be a week! Yikes.
Oh well. I'll deal or go crazy, one of the two.

TerryJ2

Shari,
sending support.
So sorry about the packing. My husband had it done and that's the yucky part. The good part was that for the first time since I'd met him, he could breathe out of both nostrils, something he never even thought about before! He was practically dancing in the kitchen.
It will be worth it.

witzend

Yes, I can actually hear husband breathing through his nose. Both sides of it! I know that he is quite happy with the results, and so am I. Besides, you'll be doped up enough that the packing won't be much of a problem for a while! ;)