I'm in detective mode (cue suspisious sound)

Abbey

Spork Queen
The funny thing is that I don't wear a bra. I HATE them. (Some man must have invented them. Sorry guys.) I wear a tight fitting shell...and stuff everything I have in it. Kleenexes, cell phones, business cards, chapstick...you name it. It's always an adventure to undress at the end of the day. You never know what you're going to find. Never did find the cell phone, though.

Got easy child's, though!!

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so glad I am not the ONLY one who refuses to wear a bra. They are so uncomfortable (esp when you can go up 2 rib cage sized during a day from medicine bloat!)

I think it is nice not to be the only one.

When I HAVE to wear a bra - like to corporate dinner thingys with husband - I wear a SPANX Bra-lelujia bra. It is made out of heavy duty pantyhose type material, but no runs or snags seem to happen. It is more comfortable than most.

Susie

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
47 years old with Sensory Integration Disorder (SID). I HATE BRAS!!! I'm well endowed enough that back when I still rode horses I used to ace bandage the girls into place.

I still refuse to wear bras. Even the Spanx types aren't comfortable for me. I cannot tolerate the feeling of the band around my ribs.

SRL

I can say that I've never dropped one in a toilet.:furious: Lost it in a bra...yeah. Just plain lost one, yes.

Abbey

Say Abbey, you can hide it in a bra and then borrow my cat if you'd like. He hunts down laundry and delivers it to me upstairs in the kitchen, then he flops himself down awaiting praise. Bras are his favorite--when he finds one of those he starts meowing loudly at the bottom of the stairs and then when he hears me he runs up and drops it at my feet.

It would be a really stunning way to announce to son that the phone has been discovered.

TerryJ2

Okay, Abbey and SRL, I now officially have the newest characters in my newest, as yet-unwritten novel: a woman who stuffs EVERYTHING into her bra, and things come flying out at night, and a cat that retrieves it all, including the bra. It will be a cross between Pippi Longstocking and Desperate Housewives. It will be sold as a gift pkg--the book, a bottle of tequila, and a one-size-fits-all-bra. I KNOW it will sell!
Best of all, I have a sweatshirt from Signals catalog that says, "Careful, or you'll end up in my novel."

SRL

Terry, I'm with you. My cat's name is Pippin and that's close enough to Pippi so it works for me.

What do you think of Pippin the BraSlayer as a title? Or would it give too much of the plot away?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok...I'm still laughing hysterically. husband is looking at me like I'm nuts. He says, "What are you laughing about? Get off that board!!"

So, I don't even know where to begin to explain, so simply didn't. He doesn't know about the secret cell phone, he's oblivious that I don't ever wear a bra, and couldn't even phathom how this thread turned out this way. That God he doesn't read the board.

Abbey

DDD

It just dawned on me. I bet he is relieved that he is not being bugged by this girl 24/7. Now he can do his thing and not feel guilty. Yep! I bet I'm right. DDD

Abbey

Spork Queen
DDD, I think you are right on the mark. We've even had this conversation with him.

Update to the story...can't find the van key this morning. Well, easy child ( who might be renamed to difficult child) took it out last night after I went to bed. In it I found a ladies makeup purse. Hmmm....

Abbey

F

flutterbee

Our cats always carried the bra around like it's kill, then buried it in the litter box.

Ladies makeup purse, eh....looks like he's not missing the phone at all.

SRL

Are you suggesting Abbey should hide the phone in the litter box? (Agent *: TM frm Ltr Bx in AM.) Son probably wouldn't check for it there but it might alarm the poor kitty if it were to ring while he was doing his business.

My cat brings me freshly killed socks and undies, along with bras and tights whenever he can reach those. I think I would have daily deliveries of dead mice if he were an outdoor cat.

Once he dragged a big beach towel up the two flights of stairs. He's a big kitty, but it was still like stalking down the big game.

Abbey

Spork Queen
You guys crack me up.

SLR...love this: Now an at-home mom who can't even control the Legos on the living room floor.

Welcome to my world.

Has anyone ever been able to control Legos?? I have a HUGE bin of them that stem through my childhood and my kids growing up. I still love playing with them.
Ooopss...just checked the cell. After 19 calls so far today from girlfriend, the latest text is "don't use the cell as we're over our minutes." Ummm...he's not using the cell. YOU ARE. Sigh...

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
Gee, I feel cheated. None of our pets have EVER brought us the laundry. A friend's golden retriever used to bring out the undies from "that time of the month" and usually managed to get them on his head. Gross.

Though I did get a dead mouse. My MOM's cat used to sneak in his kills and try to put them on my mom's pillow.

I much prefer mints on my pillow, thank you very much!

Susie

Marguerite

Our cat used to bring in rats he'd caught. Then one night my mother opened the door to his muffled "mmrrw" and there was the cat, with a very annoyed 3 foot black snake dangling on either side. Then the cat dropped the snake, so he could miaow more clearly. It was funny - afterwards.

Our budgie lives in the laundry. She gets out of her cage and flies up to a high shelf to attack my knitting wool, but she doesn't bring anything to me.

I would be asking difficult child (sorry, easy child) about the make-up purse found in the car. Ask him if he's been auditioning for "Rocky Horror Show".

Marg

Abbey

Spork Queen
Gee, I feel cheated. None of our pets have EVER brought us the laundry. A friend's golden retriever used to bring out the undies from "that time of the month" and usually managed to get them on his head. Gross.

Susie

:surprise::D:whiteflag:
(Laughing so hard I can barely type)

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
Glad I could give you a laugh. It was quite funny, except to husband's best friend's wife. It didn't matter WHERE she put them, the dog ALWAYS found them.

SRL

Gee, I feel cheated. None of our pets have EVER brought us the laundry. Susie

I can imagine your pain. Nothing says I love you like the cat yowling to wake you up at 4 am because he's delivered a soaking wet, filthy sock to you.