I'm just done

ATragicLife

I don't know what to do anymore. Im exhausted emotional, physically, and spiritually exhausted. I hate my life. Not sometimes, not just alittle bit, but I truly honestly hate my every single day. How did I get to this point? Where is the woman I once was?! I've been steadily struggling uphill, alone, for so long now, and with no results that I'm losing all sense of hope. I feel trapped, defeated, and boxed in. I'm working 2 jobs just to keep up, which short changes the kids in what they need and makes me feel guilty in not being able to do what I want/need to for them even though I'm trying to, especially with the exceptional need for MORE than most in the 1st place. I feel like all I do is run around putting bandaids on everything. There's not enough of me to go around, and it's killing me, and no matter how hard I try to find solutions I end up empty handed. I don't wish the hell of dealing with conduct disorder on anyone, but I especially do not wish it on those who are alone, without proper resources, without proper support systems, roadblocked into a cycle from which they cannot ever seen to escape...

BusynMember

I think all of us would like to suppirt you.

Can you share a little about your difficult child? How old is he? Who watches him while you work? Does he abuse his siblings?

Have you gone to your county mental health clinic? For you? For your kids? Does school help? Are you in touch with social services? Any religious affiliation? Church assistance?

Believe it or not, marriage can feel like being alone. My first husband may as well have lived on another planet. He didnt get it, didbt help, didnt offer support. I had no family support...they did not even stay in touch enough to know I had a child who had been very hard since 18 months. Believe it or not, standing on my own (except for two friends) helped me in life in the long run. You dont see how that can happen right now, but it can and very well might. You are doing this. You are stronger than you know.

We are a safe place to share. And we do get it.

Last edited:

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Atragiclife, I'm sorry to hear how unhappy you feel. I understand. I've felt similarly. No matter how you look at it, is bites. If you read our stories, you'll see that many of us have felt the way you do......

If it feels right, share your story with us, there are many warrior parents on this site who will support you.

Hang in there......

vic326

I am reading these stories and seeing my life. My daughter turned 13 and lost herself. She is on medication but is so lost and lashes out. She keeps threatening to run away or find a place to live and her mother and I are at the point we wish it too. I know that sounds awful but we're so tired of the fights and drama. She is hurting and acts out for attention, we are so lost.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
vic326, you might want to start your own thread so that folks will find you and offer you support.

I'm sorry you are going thru this with your teenager, it is tough, I know. We get it here, we're all parents of troubled kids, of all ages and temperaments.

Keep posting, others will respond....... and it helps to write it down.

vic326

vic326, you might want to start your own thread so that folks will find you and offer you support.

I'm sorry you are going thru this with your teenager, it is tough, I know. We get it here, we're all parents of troubled kids, of all ages and temperaments.

Keep posting, others will respond....... and it helps to write it down.
Thanks

seasky

Hi I'm sorry you feel this way sounds like you are really struggling.you can't do and be everything you're doing your best bye you sound exhausted. I hope you find the strength to keep going.

PiscesMom

I am sorry you are going thru this. You're not totally alone in this cuz you are here. I feel that way a lot, too. Sending hugs!

wisernow

wisernow
I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I think by posting though you know things aren't right and feel the need for change. That is a huge step. Is there a way you can find to quiet your mind a bit...perhaps explore mediation. It sounds like you are on auto pilot. Sometimes we need to take a step back to see why we are feeling this way. Can someone watch the kids while you take a mini break to gain some perspective. If we keep doing the same things over and over things don't change and we get caught up in a spin cycle that isn't healthy. Please take the next step to get some help for you. Hugs.